Thread: 1969 911S Stop Solenoid and Tach fuse value

1969 911S Stop Solenoid and Tach fuse value

I have a '69 and the fuse to the MFI stop solenoid and RPM transducer has been blowing twice in the past couple days.

It was a 8 AMP (white) ceramic fuse.

I replaced it with a 15 Amp (red) fuse and it seems to be good but before I could take a test drive a thunder storm arrived-

Can anyone tell me the fuse ratings for the 3 gang fuse block fuses in the engine compartment?

Mine is wired like this-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You said 3 gang, but the diagram shows 4. At any rate here is what is in my 69S. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1969 911S
    1969 Datsun 2000...worth less, but more valuable

That is a huge help! Yes mine is four gang since I have the optional rear window wiper.

My fuse cover inset label is long gone. It looks like the label is oriented 180 degrees when the lid is installed. No worries- as long as I can see what circuits are ganged up with the built in brass jumper on the fuse block and the one separate load, "stop solenoid microswitch".

Your blue fuse is "rear window heating". Blue fuse is 25 amps as it should be for that big load. That is the key for me.

Everything else's position keys off that. And they all share the same current source always hot from the battery terminal at the starter solenoid.
    The other fuses look the same- White 8 amp?

That's what I need to sort out.

I've got something going on with my wiring to my new RPM transducer. It was fine for over a year and now its blowing fuses.

While I'm at it I'll orient the fuses and wiring to match my schematic and your fuse block and its label.

Thanks for taking the time to make this photo for me. It means a lot to see what's what. I may make a new label in Photoshop for my fuse cover.

Gene

PS Yea- HLS30... What a giant killer.
    Including a very surprised 930 driver LoL!