Thread: New 904 GTS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Between Autosport and Motor Sport there is a fantastic resource published in the U.K. — sometimes the classified adverts are the most interesting read. Through my work I became friends with the late Peter Foubister who started his career on the rally desk at Autosport and rose to become its Editor then on to a senior role in Haymarket publishing group. Great host known for organising wonderful events such as the Autosport awards. Not sure which magazine it’s from as lost the context — possibly frim Motor Sport? Photo is obviously taken outside Fraser Nash Cars Ltd (AFN were the sole concessionaire for Porsche GB and a retailer) in Isleworth West of London. The place I mention in the prior post. Whenever possible I used to take my car there for work in preference to the silver grey corporate look AFN buildings while both operated in parallel. PCGB/ AFN were based there many years before outgrew the site which had been the old Fraser Nash works owned by the Aldington family — it had character but was sadly demolished to become an anonymous block of apartments

For some Aston Martin is associated with Newport Pagnell and David Brown but from 1926 to 1957 it was at Victoria Road, Feltham, and Hanworth Park, Feltham about ten minutes from Falcon Works in London Road Isleworth and had links to Aldington brothers who had their fingers in many things automotive for decades. Just one other example of the “treasure” in those classified ads:

BCEEA116-289F-4630-A392-B50CD4C28F55.jpeg

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-20-2023 at 12:08 AM.