Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
I’ve tried to get answers about homologation cars, but answers are always a little foggy. We know when new items were introduced, they came with a homologation car, like Alu crankcase. Could a car not receiving any new parts be a homologation car simply by not being converted to 471 or 472? Gordon
Gordon
that is a very good question that I have been trying to track down an authoritative answer for as well. While my view is not authoritative I think that for cars up to vin #1036 (which I understand is the vin number where the process for building an homologation spec car first, weighing it , and then converting it ceased and they were built like a normal production car), the RSH were as you suggest simply cars not converted to M471, M472 or M491. However for cars with vins higher than #1036 they were cars where special parts, mostly for use in competition in either the current year, or more likely the 1974 RS's, which were based on the 73 Homologation process, were introduced and homologated.

Just to add fuel to the fire in this debate vin #1036 is described in period documentation of the END if cars designated as 911RS with cars produced after that being officially designated 911SC (although apparently not by the marketing department and certainly not by the press and owners since)