Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torsion Bar Sizes

A.T. I agree that would be fun and educational. I have been in quite a few 911's on on race tracks and you can tell when they are right and when they are not. One of the issues is on a car used on track you are trying to make the driver confident enough to drive closer to the cars capability. The are things that will make car feel better but won't necesarily make it faster and can make it slower when driven by a very experienced driver.
    Phil

I am not sure if things are clearer or more confusing now! So many configurations! At least I know there are lots of options, even if mine is totally wrong...
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thanks Phil

Very good point. My mechanic has a fair bit of track experience as well and I think he did intend a more forgiving set up for me for the time being, something leaning a little more toward under steer and less of a knife edge as far as the cornering adhesion goes. I hope to make use of the adjustability of the set up as my skill level grows.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

Similar Threads

1. 73 911 RSR - Tyre Sizes
    By mrg3.6 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-10-2021, 07:17 AM
  2. OEM tyre sizes
    By mrimorton in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-18-2020, 06:46 AM
  3. Fan Sizes