Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Hi Gib,
    Belgium legislation does not allow D'ieteren to provide any info,this plate does not necessary mean that the car was first imported from Belgium.

Raj, Sorry no photo of the Belgium S D'eiteren tag. I sold the car long ago. I think it was 9113301031. I think someone in the registry in socal owns trhe car now. SS

Gib, I'm thinking that the rears on the silver car are 9s with the outer line to the bottom and a little on the flat. The car in the photo above it looks to have the same combo. fenders, tires and 8s&9s. My guess. H
    BTW The cars that I saw in 72 were T,E (injected) and T,V (carbs). Don't know if this applied to yours or not.

Here is a shot of the driver's side oil cooler with a protective screen made from 914 engine grill mesh. It fits very nicely, and with the edges bent over to form a 1/2" gap, it is very stiff. Should keep the cooler from hard object damage and allow a good amount of air flow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Some shots with the exhaust in black.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    I have been asked about the ID plate next to the VIN plate on the latch panel. This 72 T was built for a Belgium dealer or customer apparently, as the tag has Brussels printed on it. The data stamped mostly duplicates the factory plate so not sure why it was used. Maybe someone from Belgium could comment about why this was done.
    Hi Gib,
    This is in fact a tag that D'ieteren, as official Porsche importer, had to rivet on all the cars that were imported in Belgium.
    It does proof that the car does have a Belgian homologation number (PVA).
    SA before the name D'ietenen means Société annonime and behind the name there is NV (naamloze vennootschap), this is the juridical type of company (meaning Ltd).
    MARQUE-MERK (means obviously the maque of the car)
    PVA Proces Verbal d'agreation: which is the number of homologation given by the Belgian ministry of transport.
    Then there is the cars type which in this case should be a T.
    Probably the homologation number given by the ministry of transport is the same for the T as it is for the E (I never checked that).
    On the last line you have:
    PMA (poids maximal admis)/ HTG (hoogst toegelaten gewicht): the total weight allowed id 1.400 kg.
    PMA-TRAIN (poids maximal en trainé)/HTG-SLEEP (hoogst toegelaten gewicht in sleep) which means the total towing weight of 2.000 kg.
    As Belgium is a bilingual contry all the official statements and tags have to carry both languages.
    I hope this gives you the explanation you were looking for.
    Kind regards,
    JD

JD:

Thanks for the info on the Belgium plate. I don't know when the car was shipped to the US, but I bought it in California several years ago. I figured that I would leave the D'Ieteren Freres plate on the car since it appeared to be original and authentic.

I have been asked to show a picture of the drivers side, so here is the only one I have for now.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I took a break over the Thanksgiving holidays, so have become a little of a slacker. Here is the race exhaust system just tack welded for the moment. There will be a bracket supporting the crossover tube on the engine bracket bolts. I'm using a pair of Flow Master Race mufflers. The crossover tube will provide support, and maybe it will soften the loudness a little and offer some pressure balance. I will make back to back dyno runs with both exhaust systems to see what power and MFI pump setting differences are. Also put some Bilstein decals on.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

From a thread started by Mike Moore with contributions by Mike Curnow and Ron Thomas, I have had some sway bar arms made by my local shop. They will work with a Tarett Engineering bar and other hardware with a special finish...more on that later.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Rear Bumper End Plates....

I see that you left the rear bumpers "open".

I did the same on the Wicky car but actually think it would look nicer if closed off like the factory did in this photograph:

They also closed off the edges of the central rear panel which I never saw on period racing ST photographs.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com