Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnus 911 S/TR sells for 275.000 dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac911 View Post
    D.
    911's you (pick the model) are increasing in value and demand. I think we should all be happy they are. Magnus has done a beautiful job on building, promoting and selling his car. Good for him! As long as seller and buyer are happy....all is good.
    I agree, I think it was a simple case of a ready, willing, and able buyer who saw the value and bought the car not necessarily as an investment but more of a liking for the car. I saw much of the Mecum Auction, the last few days, which featured a previously raced 550 Porsche Spyder go for $3,750,000, albeit with the history of a famous driver. Magnus has created his own following & history.
    I saw several 356 Speedsters go for more than $200K. Saw an Albert Blue 911 Targa that would have been in the correct year to be a T,E, or S, but the dang anouncers/auction never mentioned which that sold for $38K plus.
    "The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion." - @thedailysuccess

'69 911T (in restoration to be Irish Grn)
    Other rides:
    2008 BMW 328i (wife's car)
    2003 Ford Expdtn Ed Bauer (my daily drvr)

Man has money
    Man spends money on car
    Man gets car

Doesn't really matter what the price paid was. Maybe it was well priced and maybe it wasn't. I just wouldn't make the mistake of thinking this is necessarily a rational situation because markets aren't always rationale because people aren't rationale. Very few of us know this not to be true - and the current 911 market could change very quickly.
    1972 911 Narrow-Body Group 4 Project - On The Road.

Quote Originally Posted by duaneh1 View Post
    I think it was a simple case of a ready, willing, and able buyer who saw the value and bought the car not necessarily as an investment but more of a liking for the car.
    From my understanding that is exactly what happened. A very knowledgeable and respected collector of means bought it because he liked it.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Famous Spyder.. 356 Speedsters yup that nice .
    Magnus made a 911 "T" into a quarter million bucks plus some lol ...
    I would just line them up and start pumping them out .. Just like Boyd Coddington or Jessie James does
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done Sir...

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    China and Russia are other factors which make me believe that classic car prices will continue to rise relentlessly. China already is the biggest car market in the world, but how many of us have sold an early 911 to China recently? I’d wager that’ll change...

By the way Louie, thank you for your insights and field reports from the auctions. I greatly enjoy reading them.
    My pleasure.

Just walked past Magnus's shop and I heard champange bottles being opened, sounded like machine gun fire!

I'm waiting for the day when the "Little Bastard" finally turns up. That'll be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollrods View Post
    I'm waiting for the day when the "Little Bastard" finally turns up. That'll be expensive.
    That'll be a minefield!

China is buying cars.

They just keep them all in Hong Kong.

But you can only register RHD in Hong Kong....so that's where lots of the UK cars have been going.

Totally agree with the quote about the world and people not being rationale and for the people paying massive money for these cars rationality does not come into it. It's petty cash and loose change to most of them...

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollrods View Post
    I thought Ferrari Historian Bob Devlin found it in the San Francisco East Bay Area a couple of years ago.