Thread: 1967 control arms?

1967 control arms?

I pulled these from a parts yard for my car.

Would these be correct for 1967?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

They look right but it is worth checking the front of the arm to see if the inner steel part of the Fan Block has been left in place.

here is what i have...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

www.tcspeed.com

thanks for the great detail!

I assume the 1967 requires the fan block as the one pictured in my control arm is old and worn?

www.tcspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by tcsracing1 View Post
    thanks for the great detail!

I assume the 1967 requires the fan block as the one pictured in my control arm is old and worn?
    You don't have a fan block fitted onto this control arm

All that is left is the steel inner sleeve.

The rubber part and the outer steel housing seem to have been lost.

It is quite common for the fan block to fall apart when they are old and the control arm is removed from the steering crossmember.

The steerting crosmember is also specific to the 1965-1967 cars.

The outer steel hosuing often stays in the crossmember when the rubber has taken a set.

The fan block is not a bonded construction but is held together by the rubber component being radially com,pressed by the two steel parts.

As the rubber ages its takes a 'set' and allows the three compomnets to seperate.

You will need to remove the inner steel part from the control and and the outer from the crossmember and replace the complete bush for the part I showed in my previous post.

We do make a bush using TIVAR 1000 that just replaces the rubber part but we generally use them on competition cars.

There is a thread on how to do what you need to do to replace this component on this pre-1968 control arm. Unfortunately, I don't have the address at hand. A search should yield.