Page 138 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2681

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Banned
    Wives...

They always ask the best questions.

Steve,
    Don't let party crashers determine your path. Some people thrive on controversy (guilty as charged). At some point it seems many here cross the line with boasting, slamming, questionable humor (guilty again), or unreasonable moderating. Normal human frailties.

Many of us in this community choose not to show our cars; to each his own. Please stick around and don't be tempted to have a pity party.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-13-2017 at 08:06 PM.

I have politely asked for elaboration on comments made several times, only to be ignored.

Here is one example that comes to mind- post number 14, and a polite follow-up on post 16...
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-500-Champions
    Subsequent questions about various comments have likewise been routinely ignored.

I always try to provide sufficient proof for comments I make. I accept the possibility of being questioned, and always try to elaborate if necessary.
    Perhaps I shouldn't hold others to the same standards.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Jon

I don't know you but you have certainly not been ignored.

Troubled by your ongoing and at times disturbing pushing of me for me to share information, I once sent you a PM explaining that I would decide if/ when I post information on this forum. It was sent in 2015:
    image.jpg
    Not a point I have ever needed to PM to anyone else here. For me that PM communication should have been the end of the matter.

Everyone who chooses to join this board decides what information they will post -- or not. I am no different. My posts have never needed moderation and are often extensively supported by researched photographs, datapoints and period references. Something others have commented on positively.

My career in motorsport and automotive industry and long-term ownership of RS are true plus I meet people through work and the Porsche hobby -- but frankly not a matter that needs to proved to you regardless of what I post. People who I trust here have information that confirms who I am, the professional roles I have held and details of the car I own. I chose to share that privately. I haven't done that with you becase I find your attentions rather odd.

Others know me personally. I have been active in the early 911 community for decades regularly attending gatherings in UK with some Porsche friends I've met benefiting from my behind the scenes private invitations to the likes of Lotus and Williams where I have held various senior advisor/director roles for many years. If I mention my work and people I've met on the board here and this is considered boasting then I have apologised already. In reality only a fraction of what I do professionally could and would ever be shared in a car "hobby" forum.

This is a community of adults, I do not expect to be insulted, mocked or otherwise harassed by somone who to me is stranger on a car enthusiasts board. You alone, by not respecting my right to chose what to post (or not) have spoiled and are continuing to spoil my enjoyment of this board. A place where I have made a lot of dear friendships, learned a lot and enjoyed a hobby.

Far from ignoring you I have taken the unprecedented step of PMing you to explain my position regarding my right to control what I post. A reasonable position and something not unique to me.

I hope your continuing unwanted attentions and at times intrusive, insulting posts do not mean I choose give up this board. If you don't like what I post then don't read it.

Let's draw a line under this matter now.

Steve.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 08-15-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add the copy of the PM for the record.

Fine.

I've found your approach to be bizarre and at times equally insulting, but I'll try to avoid further interactions with you unless absolutely necessary.
    I'm sorry if your enjoyment has been spoiled by a handful of follow-up questions to your comments. I realize that this forum is otherwise all flowers and rainbows.

Please continue with the discussion about RS cars.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    https://drive-my.com/en/social/profile/mark-waring.html

Another makeover, albeit minor.

Previous:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...sics-73-911-RS

Photos: in period (pre-rollover), after restoration (rally trim) and now at auction (rally trim ectomy).
    thanks for all the info

While from a quick skim through I recognise the information in one of the links/attachments as being consistent with what Mark has told me and he wrote in the magazine etc, curiously the face in the photo avatar that appears alongside when I viewed and clicked it is not Mark. Probably just me misreading the information in the link or maybe how that page is layed out, but thought I ought to mention it in case anyone is actively interested. Not suggesting anything untoward but wouldn't want any confusion about the car owner's appearance. I know others here know/ have met AUI1500 owner Mark too.

S
    Last edited by 911MRP; 08-14-2017 at 02:05 AM.

0936 for sale at Bonhams Goodwood Revival auction in early Sept. Not mine no affiliation.
    http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24122/lot/227/

Been discussed here before

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGS73E View Post
    MECUM 2017 Monterey Auction, August 16-19, 2017
    1973 Porsche 2.7L Carrera RS Sport 'Lightweight', Lot S26
    VIN: 9113601014
    Engine: 6630996
    Trans: 830991
    Color: Tangerine/Black
    Mileage: 18,142 km (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: US$1,300,000 - $1,400,000
    Sold for: TBD

Attachment 430522

Attachment 430523

Attachment 430524

Attachment 430525

Attachment 430526

Attachment 430527

Attachment 430528

Auction Description:

This 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7—one of just 200 M471 “Lightweight” versions produced—is an icon of Porsche performance, and as such, it is regarded by many enthusiasts as the ultimate 911. The Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 was conceived as a pure homologation special necessitating a minimum production output of 500 examples to qualify it for participation in Group 4 GT racing. Ultimately, Porsche would produce a cumulative total of 1,580 Carrera RS 2.7 cars offered in two flavors, the M472 Touring model and the M471 “Lightweight” sport model. The Carrera RS 2.7 recipe was simple in concept: add more horsepower, dramatically reduce the vehicle weight, improve the high-speed aerodynamic stability and tune the suspension for tenacious grip. The M471 “Lightweight” embodies the pure distilled essence of the Carrera RS ethos tipping the scales at a svelte 2,150 pounds, as compared to its brethren M472 at 2,370 pounds and its sister 911S at 2,550 pounds. This quantum weight loss entailed using thinner-gauge steel in the fenders, doors and hood, substituting lightweight fiberglass in lieu of steel on the engine lid and the front and rear bumpers, and converting to a lighter and thinner Glaverbel window glass. Additional amenities were removed to achieve ultimate lightness, such as the deletion of sound-deadening material and the complete removal of the back seat, clock, glovebox door, passenger-side sun visor, door pockets and armrests. A larger-displacement 2.7L engine was developed and fitted with mechanical fuel injection. The body changes include flared rear-fender arches to accept wider rear wheels, a front chin spoiler and the RS signature ducktail rear spoiler. This Tangerine Orange RS has an esteemed rally-racing history dating back to 1976-80, and it comes complete with a factory-issued Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, maintenance record, technical-specifications book and a tool roll.
    The bid goes on...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0817-30...s-lightweight/
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

FS: @Bonhams Goodwood Revival Auction - '73 Carrera RS - 9113600936

Previously at 2014 Bonhams Auction and again posted for sale in 2015 on Classic Driver site.
    http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/2190...ngth=10&page=3
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...936#post825739
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bonhams Goodwood Revival Auction, Chichester, Goodwood, September 9, 2017
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Touring Coupé, Lot 227
    VIN: 9113600936
    Engine: 6630929
    Trans: -
    Color: Grand Prix White/Black
    Mileage:
    Auction Estimate: £370,000 - 440,000/US$480,000 - 570,000
    Sold for: NO SALE (Highest bid: £340,000/~US$448,155)

73RS 1.jpg

73RS 2.jpg

73RS 3.jpg

73RS 4.jpg

73RS 5.jpg

73RS 6.jpg

Auction Description:

*One of the most iconic sports cars of all time
    *Delivered new in Germany
    *One of only 60 in this colour scheme
    *Recent full cosmetic restoration
    *Immaculate condition

Delivered new in Germany in 1973, the car offered here, chassis number '0936', is a genuine Carrera RS Touring model retaining its original Type 911/83 engine. Interestingly, it has been fitted with the ultra-rare genuine Lightweight (M471) seats and door trim panels. The Carrera was delivered finished in the extremely rare colour combination of Grand Prix White with contrasting Viper Green 'Carrera' graphics and wheels. It is one of only 60 supplied new in this colour scheme, including that in the Porsche Museum. Its early history in Germany is not known.

In the early 1980s the car was imported into the USA by Miami dealer/broker David Mohlman and, in accordance with the then current requirements, went through a DoT and EPA conversion. Mr Mohlman then sold the Porsche to one Dolores Lazzarin of Coral Gables, Florida, who kept it for a couple of years. Its next owner, accountant John F Kelly of Fort Launderdale, Florida, purchased the Carrera from Ms Lazzarin and kept it for approximately the next 30 years before selling the car to a friend, Porsche restorer Phil Bagley, in May 2014 (see Mr Kelly's letter on file). During Mr Kelly's ownership the Porsche was maintained by Butch Stokes of Fort Lauderdale, who rebuilt the engine and gearbox around 1,000 miles ago. Mr Bagley handled the sale to the current owner.

Since its arrival in the UK, the car has been serviced by Pace Products of Haverhill, Suffolk, and also been treated to a full cosmetic restoration (bills on file). Smartly presented throughout, '0936' represents a rare opportunity to acquire one of the most iconic sports cars in motoring history - a must for any serious collector.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 09-10-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

1014 reached $950,000.00 but did not reach the reserve . It also reached the $950,000.00 level very slowly.

Mike Curnow
    Last edited by mike curnow; 08-22-2017 at 06:11 AM.
    Mike