Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help in Montreal!

Need help in Montreal!

Last edited by GeorgeK; 11-25-2014 at 11:47 PM.

George, I am at least half Montrealer.

Let me assure you that Montreal is a very inexpensive city for lodging. Unless you want a mansion on the hill, you should have no problem finding something very reasonable.

Questions, (send me a PM if you would like):

-where are you working?
    -do you need parking/will you have a car, or can you take the Metro? (parking in certain areas can be a big pain, especially for very expensive old Porsches)
    -house or apartment?
    -do you want to live near English folks, French folks or 'other' folks? (other includes Greek, Portugese, etc.)
    -can you deal with 50 cm of snow AND -30 C? (ask me why I left).

Tim
    Early S Reg #675

rent

Georg... my sister might have her apartment free at that time... Its a seperate part of her house, ground level, massive bed room, kitchen, living room on 2 acres, overlooking the Ottawa river and St Lawrence.. I'll give her a call...

Robert...

I'm leaving for north of Montreal Saturday morning...Mont Gabrielle ski resort for a business trip. My past experiences with Montreal is mostly the traffic gridlock that occurs there. Look very carefully at your lodging in relation to where you're working...it matters.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Lodging

George,
    You can stay at my place for free. It's only a 95 mile commute each day! Hey, when I had a girlfriend up there, I drove up 3 night s a week!

Rick, that's a funny thing about those Montreal girls...

I moved BACK to Montreal to avoid those thrice-weekly commutes
    Early S Reg #675

Montreal

Why did you have to expose me and the truth!!

Rick....why not gather up a few P-guys locally and lets all meet somewhere for a brew this coming week (like Monday or Tuesday). It could fall into the R Gruppe category of meetings. I have no problems driving 100 miles into the U.S. to meet up with some fellow P-nutz. I'm leaving for Montreal Saturday morning on business and really don't want to be stuck there until Wednesday. I can sneak out for, ahem, informational purposes. I'll have my laptop and can check in when I get there Saturday nite.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Hey Guys, let me in on this gathering too.

George, try this site-

http://montreal.sublet.com/

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell
    George,
    You can stay at my place for free. It's only a 95 mile commute each day! Hey, when I had a girlfriend up there, I drove up 3 night s a week!
    Ahhh, but would it be worth it now?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)