Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mark Morrissey

Wow! I had no idea. I never met Mark but we exchanged emails several times about shared passions ... I am completely saddened by this devastating news. A pillar of our community and a strong and proud dad whose creativity was second to none ... RIP Mark and condolences to his family ...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Mark Morrissey's Car

What I remember most about Mark Morrissey . . .

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...self-no-longer

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...lmost-finished

We Can Be Heroes

Mark Morrssey : ~ (

Name:  MM sticker.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  140.3 KB
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

Dear Chuck Miller
    Today is 2 months since Mark Morrissey departed. We want to thanks all The Porsche community for all the love and support during this dark times. Thanks to the person who put the Go fund me for Marks funeral expenses and thanks to all the people who donated. Thanks for all the kind, loving and supportive messages.
    I was trying to post a picture with this message but couldn’t figure out.
    God bless all of you and your families.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Thumbs up

Dear Chuck Miller
    Today is 2 months since Mark Morrissey departed. We want to thanks all The Porsche community for all the love and support during this dark times. Thanks to the person who put the Go fund me for Marks funeral expenses and thanks to all the people who donated. Thanks for all the kind, loving and supportive messages.

This is a message to all of us .... Thank you Connie

All the heartfelt best and strength to you, Joseph, and the rest of the family....

cm/ESR
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

. . .

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

. . .

We Can Be Heroes

Here in the Northeast, it feels like spring is coming. A time when we think about the Hershey/Carlisle swap meet and various drives in NY, NJ, New England and more.

I visited an old friend today, Mark's car. Of course he, and the car, have been on my mind constantly for several months.

The car was brought back to Auto Associates for some minor work and a once-over of all the mechanical work that Mark had done recently. The car is now ready for sale. I'll post some photos down below, but there are a couple of notes I want to make absolutely clear.

- I am not selling this car, should someone from this community be interested in buying the car, I will suggest you speak with Scott McPherson at Auto Associates to get the full understanding of all the work he has done in the past years. I suppose a call to Rich Goncalves at ROCS to understand the build as it matured from 20 years ago, not a bad idea.

- I'm available for a call, text, DM or email, whatever you prefer. I have no financial stake in this, I'm happy to assist Connie and Joseph, and Mark's legacy. Should you truly be interested, you will be working out the details with Connie, and likely with Scott, as the car is at his facility currently.

- In speaking with some friends, friends of Mark's and friends of mine, the overall consensus is, we would all think the best case situation is for someone to buy this car without enlisting a broker. If your intent is to flip the car to someone else, you probably aren't the right buyer, I have suggested to Connie, it doesn't make sense to put this car on BAT or PCar market, or whatever. Between the R Gruppe guys and the folks here at the Early S Registry, there should be plenty of interest from folks who want to carry the torch, continue the ethos of the build that Mark was going after, and keep this car in the public eye.

(my understanding is a set of 15" "track wheels" with brand new Hoosiers (rears are custom offset Braids to clear the flares) and a driver's seat that matches the passenger's- if that's what you want, would be included in the sale, dash times have been removed from the air for safe keeping, will be reinstalled upon delivery to new owner)

Yes, you could build something similar, you'd be spending a lot more money and it would take years, and the chances of finding all the cool - period correct touches this car has would be slim, to none.

Now, some photos.
    Last edited by blucille; 02-21-2024 at 09:14 AM.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Thanks Lewis, I’m sure Connie and Joseph appreciate your help.
    Rob Abbott

Can’t think of a better and honest group of Scott and the guys at AA to handle the deal. Not a easy task.