Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kardex

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Just like we plow through your posts every time you find a new car only to discover it does not meet your standards.
    Seems I'm getting quite popular here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Seems I'm getting quite popular here :-)
    Actually quite the opposite. But very entertaining!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Actually quite the opposite. But very entertaining!
    Mfitton , you must be quite uncomfortable with yourself finding someone unpopular entertaining.
    Don't you think that a novice in the Early 911s world should seek all possible available help in these forums, before one commits himself to part with a considerable amount of money ?
    If not , what are these forums for ?
    I am sure your very interesting agenda can't possible have time to waste with my stupid questions here. So why do you bother to read them ?
    regards
    Bowzer

I am sure your very interesting agenda can't possible have time to waste with my stupid questions here. So why do you bother to read them ?
    regards
    Bowzer
    Like I said your threads are very entertaining, I didn't say they were stupid.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Name:  giphy (1).gif
Views: 361
Size:  195.5 KB
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Don't you think that a novice in the Early 911s world should seek all possible available help in these forums, before one commits himself to part with a considerable amount of money ?
    I understand what you are doing and why, but your method is far different than mine. When I move to acquire something I don't know much about, I try to research and learn as much as I can on my own, prior to the search. Lots of reading and checking prior info. Much of my research is done on forums like these, but not generally via questions, as what I need to learn has generally been answered several times over, all I need to do is hunt it down.

I've found that learning what I need to know in advance makes the eventual purchase easier, as I can make a decision far more quickly than if I need to go ask for opinions on a website somewhere.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Banned
    Bowzer,
    With all of the free counsel that you've received, I do hope you've made a very generous contribution to the ESR coffer.

And PLEASE don't be hard on yourself; no such thing as a stupid question!

Just stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Sorry but have you ever thought about using search before posting?
    Attachment 482595
    UAI doesn't have time to fuss with your search, he's got 40 PMs waiting for him!
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Dear Gentleman from far far away :-)
    When I ask here, it is generally when I am already up to 90% of my own possible research done. Yes there are posts which can help , but finally , I always like to hear it from the horse's mouth and to me it helps keeping in touch with the wonderful community of ESR. Then of course, there are negotiation factors that can turn sour any minute. But what I can say is, that the assistance I am getting here is priceless and very very helpful. And I really thank you all .
    Remember that ESR was meant to help those who do not know, not the learned ones. For the learned ones, their duty is to divulge information to those who do not know. A great example is Frank Beck who is always to the point and never bothers getting a shot at you but he is always very very helpful. There are many others too who I wish to thank , but the list is long. Besides, That's what makes Early 911s registry great ;-)

Banned
    Dear Gentleman from far far away :-)
    When I ask here, it is generally when I am already up to 90% of my own possible research done. Yes there are posts which can help , but finally , I always like to hear it from the horse's mouth and to me it helps keeping in touch with the wonderful community of ESR. Then of course, there are negotiation factors that can turn sour any minute. But what I can say is, that the assistance I am getting here is priceless and very very helpful. And I really thank you all .
    Remember that ESR was meant to help those who do not know, not the learned ones. For the learned ones, their duty is to divulge information to those who do not know. A great example is Frank Beck who is always to the point and never bothers getting a shot at you but he is always very very helpful. There are many others too who I wish to thank , but the list is long. Besides, That's what makes Early 911s registry great ;-)
    [Heavy sigh]
    I feel like such a failure.