Thread: Important message...

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Fabulous, great...and about time !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Smile How too

Is there a way to pay on line, and get most of the info thru on line, for those of us who live out side the US, and do agree its the best board i have seen.Lots of info and very nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWebb
    whut's my #?
    Check your membership card. Right after your name, there is a # symbol, then a number? I do believe dat's it!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Paypal will ding the club for 3%... unless you work out something as a non-profit.

Lisa - just noticed your "jazz blue" hubbie car sig - can you post a pic? (maybe start a new thread). Thx.

or you could raise the total amount for online payers with 3% and call it a convenience fee

For god's sake man....just add the Paypal fee and allow it. If it was easier to join thru paypal you'd have twice the membership and only have to ask once. Some things must be handled via the current century's method of payment. Filling out written forms and snail mailing cheques from foreign countries in multiple denominations is, well, dumb in this day and age. This club is worldwide and needs payment methods that support a worldwide community. Oops, forgive my ranting...I mean no harm and will immerse myself in a can of liquid nomex now.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

maybe so

but I think the Board should think first, then act

that's why I mentioned the issue.

Chuck:

I welcome the board's subtle tactic, but feel that something a bit more obvious, like an icon next to the names of those who are members may prompt those who aren't members to join. I also think that some vehicle like PayPal would make it a lot easier for people to join.

We who are in the club use electronic communications to ask questions and answer them, to boast and to pick on members and non-members, to show off and criticize, to buy and sell. It's a shame that we don't use the same vehicle to collect money. In my view, a 3% fee from PayPal will be more than made up by the increase in paid membership.

Just my $.05. But I'm glad that I'm on the inside looking around, than on the outside looking in.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Can you legally add the Paypal fee to payments made this way? Oncharging merchant fees has become legal here is Aus., so I assume it would be an option in the States. Would Paypal only charge 3%; I understand that the rate is more for lesser transaction amounts depending on number of transactions processed - whatever it is you should be able to add it on. Really, few people if any would baulk at the fee as the convenience would far outweigh the expense surely. Randy is right (see I can agree with you ) - check it out first - you may be able to cut a deal.

I paid by Mastercard and faxed the details over - it wasn't difficult, but it wasn't as convenient as Paypal. Make it simple and hopefully reap more members (going through the same processes for TYP901 Register btw).

Randy, I'll post some pics of the blue car for you as asked in another thread - just need to find some decent ones!

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Done deal

Just change my signature, and realized my dues were due in June. SORRY!
    $$ on the way!!!
    Thanks
    Mark
    1969 911S-SOLD but not forgotten.
    1973 RSC

Early S Registry #298
    RGruppe #258