Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 9113301269 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    The rear panel on my 73S is steel.

What kills me about that auction is the people saying "just get it running and drive the snot out of it". Anyone hoping it's that simple has some harsh reality waiting for them. Beautiful color but that's a full restoration waiting to happen by any measure.
    +1 I was interested in this car and would take on the task of doing a full restoration. I even posted on BaT about how this isn't going to be as simple as getting the engine started and start driving it. Aside from the typical rusted areas, the closeup behind the front fender is one clue. Someone bidded at 55K, they can have it.

Fanta$tic

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoSD View Post
    . . . +1 I was interested in this car and would take on the task of doing a full restoration. I even posted on BaT about how this isn't going to be as simple as getting the engine started and start driving it. Aside from the typical rusted areas, the closeup behind the front fender is one clue. Someone bidded at 55K, they can have it . . .
    Hm . . .

. . . another '73

How much did it take to bring this one back? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-bit-of-advice

. . . and what would this Lilac need/take?

And --- what would it bring?

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by savagejayj View Post
    Wheeler Dealers could fix this car in a jiffy
    Haha, best line of the whole post! It's up to $60k... makes me wonder my my 73.5 911t in vipergreen is worth on BAT, the houndstooth interior should ad some coin! Nice car, but it's starting to feel like a bubble

$66k now, 3 hours to go.

I compare this to the '72 T project I bought 11 months ago.

• Plusses for the S - well, it's an S and not a T, and a rare and vibrant color.
    • Plusses for my T - external oil fill on a '72 is somewhat desirable, engine already rebuilt and running, no significant rust repair needed.

• Minuses for my T - really nasty color change in the past, needed a full refresh or restoration other than the engine.
    • Minuses for the S - needs everything, including significant rust repair.

I paid $37k for mine as a running car with a fresh engine and all rust repair done.

I intend to drive mine regularly when complete, I suspect that will not be the case for this car in the future. I would have loved to have bought an S in an uncommon color, but for me as a car to drive, a T is a better buy.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

North of 200k to get that car done correctly
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Hm . . .

. . . another '73

How much did it take to bring this one back? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-bit-of-advice

. . . and what would this Lilac need/take?

And --- what would it bring?

I didn't see the budget price but total mentioned was 7 yrs 3 months and some water leaks to deal with. Very impressive to say the least.

Do you think the long hood market is starting to cool down? I have a 997 C2S and have been trying to located a decent longhood several years ago to enjoy but the market already took off and flippers took over. All of the ones that I've seen fully restored are over 100K. I'm from SD and CPR has some nice cars ready to go. I don't mind doing the garage build if the price is reasonable. 60K for this Lilac doesn't make sense to me.

Not just $104k, but the buyer is a dealer. Is he expecting to flip it? Seriously? I'm sorry, but this borders on BaT-Sh!t crazy to me.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Arne,
    Don't forget the additional 5% of the first $100K in addition.
    BATsh*t, I like that.
    Fred

Simply amazing the influence a particular color would have . . .

73S BaT 1.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Score!

. . . an un-hit, un-restored OG final-year 'S' --- in Lilac? . . . suffering from some poor storage?

I didn't see this car in the metal --- but from the pics? . . . car looks wonderful

OK-fine --- compared to some o' the prance-wagons people put together, sure . . . car needs everything --- but . . .

. . . it sure looks like everything 's there. And un-'re-imagined', too. Pan looks fine --- nothing that a well-placed pull-hammer + a little schutz couldn't mend. And I love the part about the Tow Guy tearing-out the tow-bung in the front --- as in solid structure, there, ya think?. I mean, apart from the front bumper, this little plum looks to be un-hit --- + w/ OG paint (!), no-less. Even the interior looks intact

Give it 3 years + determined finances + some judicious intervention by responsible parties = total touch-down

IMO . . . For anyone who wanted to get into a full-on 'S' car for WAY less-than-'S' money? . . . ie. Cheapskate Site-lurkers . . .

. . . this 's it

Buyer --- take a bow, please . . .

. . . you murdered it!

. . . + really-really hope this Little Plum shows up here

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes