Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 911t

I use a Wurth product, although I'm sure others have it also. It is a flexible mat sticky on one side that is pressed and formed into place. However it has that diamond pattern the original doesn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    I use a Wurth product, although I'm sure others have it also. It is a flexible mat sticky on one side that is pressed and formed into place. However it has that diamond pattern the original doesn't.
    How much for that material? I don't really care about the pattern as it's going to be under carpet and you can't see it anyways.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Lesson learned, when your 911 is on a tow dolly and you're going down the road and someone says "hey you've got parts coming off your car" and you pull over, don't pick up what you think is a bearing because it is indeed a bearing and you will burn the sh*t out of your fingers. Ouch! Well, that's one half shaft that I'm going to have to replace! Next lesson learned, with the half shafts in put the rear of the car on the dolly. Today, I'm going to continue to sand and strip the car down. I've got a guy from a shop coming out Saturday morning to assess the car and give me a quote for the bodywork. Stay tuned for more updates, pictures, and hopefully no more "lesson learned".

Cheers,

Sebastian
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Banned
    Wait...

Are you saying you towed the car without engine/trans, rear wheels rolling, and axles still attached?

.....maybe......
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . Wait...

Are you saying you towed the car without engine/trans, rear wheels rolling, and axles still attached? . . .
    . . . . . . . .
    . . . Me thinks you might be trying to stir up trouble . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Sebastian,

That's awesome!

Even my 17 year old daughter would have asked
    "So aren't those long black things with the rubber thingys going to swing all over the place?"

Sebastian,

That's awesome!

Even my 17 year old daughter would have asked
    "So aren't those long black things with the rubber thingys going to swing all over the place?"
    Definitely felt like I should have won the "Dumbass of the Year" award on that one... That's what happens when you get in a hurry, but hell obviously I'm not the ONLY one who makes mistakes.... I happen to remember your post with your motor that froze this year... That's $450 that could've been spent elsewhere but ya live and you learn. I'll definitely SLOW down and try not to forget anything from here on out...
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Name:  porsche back glass.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  79.5 KB
    This is my wife Korinna and my youngest brother Nicholas scraping out the sound deadening while my other brother and I just finished taking the rear glass out.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Name:  back glass.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  73.1 KB
    Getting the glass out with my brother Zachary.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28