Thread: Fuel Tank Ventilation?

Fuel Tank Ventilation?

I'm hoping someone might help me identify what two inlets or pipes go to. I believe they have to do with the fuel tank ventilation but I think some has cut some of the system out. Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to look like and what its for?

Thanks

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images     

This thread at the Pelican BBS May be helpful. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...l#post10484450
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Thanks Harry

I have the expansion tank and fuel line divider coupling, with the hoses for sale in the used parts section, I believe it's under fuel recovery

A follow up question, has anyone replaced these metal tubes through the fender? If so, where did you source the pipe from?

I have not had the need to replace the tubes, but I'm betting that McMaster-Carr will be a source...their online catalog is superb and their shipping is immediate.

Quote Originally Posted by chris belyea View Post
    A follow up question, has anyone replaced these metal tubes through the fender? If so, where did you source the pipe from?
    It looks like you have the section of tube inside the Frunk. If it was me, I would get open up the hole (without damaging the existing tube) and add a hose barb to the outside to give me a place to attach the tube to the expansion tank.

If I had brazing skills, I would braze in a small section of metal tubing.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

This thread brings up a topic I was wondering about.
    I had a bit of rust in the inner fender areas, along with the battery boxes, suspension pan. PO repair was scabby.
    I sourced a few cuts from someone cutting up an SC, back in the days when the car prices still allowed this. The original tubes were brazed in, as can be seen when the paint is stripped back. While the tube in my SC cut by the fuse panel had the tube, the section from the SC by the master cylinder did not. I guess they changed it by then. I have temporarily put in a piece of metal fuel line to connect the vapor lines. Your second picture shows a short stub inside the fender area, I was hoping to get a picture from a '73.5 so I can braze one in properly. If anyone has a picture showing how it should be, I would appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T