Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eade's Green Meanie RSR in Excellence!

This one is titled "How do I start this thing?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Man... I still like this one... can't'ya just hear it... ... I DID!!!...

Will be looking at the Excellence on Sun....
    Cheers... and CONGRATS Eade ...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

If that isn't a car to fall in love with...

I love to read nitty-gritty female details on stuff too!

It's as fast as it looks!

I had the good fortune being able to drive Eade's car not quite flat out but very fast and it runs and sounds as good as it looks!
    Eade and his wife Cheri and my wife Terrie and I caravaned home together from this years R Gruppe Treffen 05 in Monterey. We stopped in Santa Ynez to spend the night before heading home. Monday morning from my hotel room I could hear that unmistakable sound of dual exhaust megaphones on a flat six. I went down to see what was going on. Eade had pulled the Green Meanie out of his trailer and said "lets take it for a spin and YOU drive, I want to know what you think". He didn't have to ask me twice! After getting the engine up to temp, we tore up the quiet back roads of the Santa Ynez Valley for about about 45 minutes. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. It was a slice heaven!
    The closest I can compare it to was as a passenger in an ex IROC Carrera driven by Denns Aase at Ontario Motor Speedway back in 1975. Eade's car is a little more "civilized" but it still has most of all the raw horsepower feel of the IROC car. It is one GREAT example of a car built right!
    Eade thanks for being such a good friend, Tom you are a very talented man, and Dave your article really captures what the car is all about!
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

I agree Roger. The lateral grip of the Avon race rubber is amazing. I was able to get the tail out just a little powering out of a turn, but I think it was because of a little "pick up" on the hot rubber (sand and dirt from the side of the road). After it cleared, it was just planted.

I kept hearing from people who were running behind Eade on the Gruppe run at Monterey how glorious the pipes sounded!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

:d
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    Lisa,
    Hope I didnt come off as defensive. What I meant to say is that even the print copy has been edited.
    I love the detail stuff too .....I have to admit that cars like Eades scare me in a way. The level of detail and quality of construction is getting so high that average cars like mine struggle in comparison. I think I liked it better when the bar was lower
    Dave,

You didn't...I get a little miffed with editors in general when articles in different media just brush the surface that's all. Countless times I hang out to watch or hear or read an interview (or article) of interest, only to be dissapointed with the superficial coverage. Not to say that the Green Meanie article is superficial; I just wanted more (female again)!

As for level of detail and overall quality - well thank the gods for people like Eade and Tom - 'preservationists', 'enhancers', 'beautifiers', most importantly engineers of the "go fast; go hard" kind! Proves you can have it all...but if the truth be known I just wanna drive my car hard and not worry about the next stonechip or whether the kids have a little dirt on their shoes , but I am still lusting after the likes of the Green Meanie !

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyWebb
    I love to read nitty-gritty female details on stuff too!
    Oh dear....
    Randy by name, Randy by nature ! Or do you agree with me - maybe less goddamn ads in Excellence and more details/'worthy length' (don't you go here Randy!) in articles?

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

- It was an open-ended comment, and lends itself to various interpretations. One besides the two you alluded to would be a comment on what things ("intellectual approaches") are really gendered.... I won't say what proportion of what interpretaion is 'true' or not - if i did you would have to turn it upside down and make it rotate backwards anyway... by then it would have fallen off the planet.

Now -- what are some of the details that were left out of that article?