Thread: WTB: Early aluminum trailing arms part # 911 331 053 20 for 1974 Carrera

WTB: Early aluminum trailing arms part # 911 331 053 20 for 1974 Carrera

I'm looking for a pair of early, aluminum rear trailing arms that are apparently one year only for 1974 Carreras. Part number 911 331 053 02. Ideally dated late 1973. These trailing arms do not have the ball or bracket attachment for a sway bar. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mpotvin View Post
    I'm looking for a pair of early, aluminum rear trailing arms that are apparently one year only for 1974 Carreras. Part number 911 331 053 02. Ideally dated late 1973. These trailing arms do not have the ball or bracket attachment for a sway bar. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Mark
    I just checked and they do have the ball attachment on the arm, how would the sway bar attach otherwise?
    This part number comes up in my parts book 911 331 513 00.
    S Registry#2021

On the spring plate. Not the correct version, but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mpotvin View Post
    On the spring plate. Not the correct version, but thanks!
    No worries.
    So just to be clear the early 74 Carrera cars do have the ball,right?
    The pic below is from the brochure.
    Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    S Registry#2021

Not mine, I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow.

image.jpg[QUOTE=mpotvin;807201] here's what mine like like.

I have these - they were dropped off by a friend. LMK if they are what you are looking for. I'm far from an expert on these...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Thanks but those have the ball post for a sway bar, the Carreras don't have that. Thx for trying

Mark,my Carrera has the ball.(1 Sept 73 build). Will check/locate date stamp when I get a chance and confirm match to car.
    S Registry#2021

Carrera trailing arms

Mine is a US spec Carrera, that might be the difference. The part number on my trailing arms seem to be specific to Carreras.

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    Mark,my Carrera has the ball.(1 Sept 73 build). Will check/locate date stamp when I get a chance and confirm match to car.