Thread: personalized plates

personalized plates

I just received my new vanity plates from new jersey

RS R US

As some of you know I have 4 rs's;so now I will try to get

RS R US; 1 THRU 4

I JUST THINK THIS REAL NEAT

What else do you guys have?

When somebody asks me "Is that a real '1972 RSR?'" I know that they're not as Porsche-knowledgable as they're pretending to be.

As issued state of Oregon plates, early 70's...with a little orange sticker that says "special interest". The plates that were on the car when I bought it in '74. Not the best angle, but the colors show...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I'm sure you've been asked before but I'm fairly new here. Are those 7x16" wheels?

7x15.............................
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

They sure fill the wheel well. Are those the 15's that were standard on the SC's/Carreras when 16's were optional? What size tires?

Personalized!!

Here is a picture of the plates that I got for my car. OK, they aren't on the car, but I don't have it yet!!

But like Oregon, Illinois has a law that you can have plates from the year that the car was made. I found a pair of 1973 Illinois plates, which are - believe it or not - white with Viper Green letters/numbers.

So, in spite of the fact that I think that my personalized plate is cool, I think that it is cooler to have '73 plates on the car. And it was amazingly cheap. Bought them in Wisconsin, of all places, at an antique store - for $3. I think that's the cheapest thing that I will EVER buy for my Porsche!!

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

More than Original

Obviously I am a proud Sporto owner. Looks even better now with a dual out sport exhaust, freshly detailed engine and a newly painted air box.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

How about " I M L8"....
    was on the car before the previous owner took it off.

It's a set-up thing...

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible.
    Early S Reg #675