Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 italian equipment

1973 italian equipment

My 1973 car is an Italian market car which sold in Verona, Italy.

On the Porsche Customer Commitment paperwork I have, it lists the Italian equipment under a code of CO7 and next to it says, Italian equipment.

Does anyone know what CO7 meant or what Italian equipment meant for these cars? and is there any way I can get information from Italian sources on the history of the car?

Thanks,

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

CO7
    °front light housing (version A : small orange and large white area), (version B: all white)
    °seat belts equip. according to italian safety laws
    °no hazard switch
    °different interior equipment, some RoW market had unique equip. standards for their countrys.
    (European saftey laws (belts, hazard) have been later adopted than US market cars.)

There is an italian member on this board, Andrea/Vipergreen who might can help you.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...t=andrea+italy
    Registry member No.773

the "Italian " housings had an additional bulb per side in them. The white portion of the lens extended all the way across the front, with only the "side-marker" portion lenses in amber.

Please see photo of 911 equipped with such lenses I took at the "Quail" a couple of years ago with the correct Italian lenses. I believe the lenses may still be available from Stoddard, but good luck on the housings. I seem to recall a thread on this forum discussing all this a few years back.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John,

some italian 911 had all white front light housing.
    There have been two versions around.
    I recall until late 1971 both versions existed on italian market Porsche cars.
    Registry member No.773

John,
    Karim is right on the differences on C07-specified cars.
    Cars arrived in Verona because the importer was there (so every car that was sold in Italy apparently was sold in Verona!), without seat belts and external mirror (but every car then got them otherwise they couldn't circulate anymore) and without hazard switch on the dashboard.

If you have at least one of the italian registration numbers of your car, it's quite simple and not very expensive to get the complete list of the italian owners of the car. I already helped a few members with their cars.
    Up to 1994, if a car was sold outside the province of the previous owner, it should get a new registration number of the province of the new owner, so it's quite difficult to find cars with original registrations (black square plates in the rear), and they attract quite a premium in Italy because it's a good indication of long term ownership.

Ciao
    Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

I also have a Italian 73 911S. Yes, it is a bit differant. The lights as mentioned above, and no 4-way hazard flashers. Also, no headrests on the sport seats. I sent these to Tony to be restored and he had never seen this on a seat as new as 73. just the 2 plastic buttons on top of the seat back where the headrest posts would go in.
    Andrea, I have the original black plate from Italy. Could you find the ownership history in a gave it to you?

I've seen a few 73 without headrests as well, but again is difficult to say as many of them have acquired them in the years.
    I guess that in Italy, where Porsche needed to keep prices as low as possible in order to underprice Ferrari and other italian cars, they tended to spare as much as possible on standard equipment.

Rick, there's no problem, let me have the registration number.
    It's circa 5 euros to know the data of the last owner and circa 30-40 euros to know the complete history.

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Thanks, guys this info was very helpful.

I had my 73 car for 5 of the 64 days I have owned it. It went from CA, damaged in transit, to my house for four days and up to Jim Newton for repair. I am getting it back Thursday and in time the the CVR PCA fathers day event in Connecticut. So, when I tell you I never realized it did not have an emergency flasher switch, you will not think I am crazy. Yup, thats it. Lots of good information from everyone. I wish I had the first Italian tag so Andrea could trace ownership in Italy. Thanks, Andrea for trying. Nice car, JZG.

I contacted a Porsche dealer in Verona, Italy. They checked my vin number and came up with nothing. The car had never been serviced there. They were very nice and helpful.

So, now my interests turn to trying to find out who is the oldest Porsche dealership in Verona. Anyone have a thought on the best way to find that out?

All the best,

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

the dealership you already contacted there should know.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Don't forget there is another Italian in New York City (me!) and at least another owner of an Italian 1973 911S on the board (Steve Shea).

Glad to help however I can, even though my 1971 911S is in Italy.

Giaz
    Giaz
    Life is hard without a Porsche