Thread: The Alps, again

The Alps, again

Last edited by GeorgeK; 11-26-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks George, I didn't need dinner I was so full from the 'Swiss toast'. Great times yesterday. It was good to give the car some break in work. I need to change the oil now. Now to figure out how to do that legally in this country ;-)

Notice the front plate on George's car...

I haven't done it yet on a 911, but I installed a Fumoto drain valve on our DD (if you squint, Spartanburg looks a lot like Dingolfing) and changing the oil was literally a white glove exercise. I used an N-type which has a hose nipple on it- put on a short length of hose, flip the valve, remove the oil cap and snap a Spaten Optimator. (Which has a similar color to used motor oil) When the dripping stops, flip the valve back and remove the hose. We're talking ONE paper towel here.

I think there is probably clearance on the oil tank for one of these valves. There probably is NOT clearance on the case. Issues of oil recycling aside, it's always easier to not have any waste oil drips to explain.

The other option would be to use one of those vacuum extractor devices and suck it out from the tank. This would also have the impact of removing material from the anti-foaming screen in the tank. You can't get all the way to the bottom, however, because the screen is in the way.

But here I go gold-plating your oil change. . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I am open to all ideas. But I think George has solved my problem, I just need to supply beer oil and a filter ;-)

Thumbs up

George, I moved this over here......

Looks and sounds like an outstanding rendezvous..........

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter