Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really? As seen on Pelican

member #1515

Really? As seen on Pelican

Just saw the following quote on Pelican:

"I know on the old s board they will tear anybodies car apart. Ruthless pricks over there. They say they arent that type but they actually are. Thankfully pelican is not really like that. 912 bbs has some though. I just dont understand it. If its your car do what you want to it. Non matching bolts and all. As long as its safe and you can drive it. Thats all that really matters. Remember you cant take it with you. So quit making new members feel like crap. Or making fun of cars people trying to sell. Even if is rusted out. Somebody will buy it and restore it. Sorry alchoholic induced rant over"
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Well, somebody had to do it, so I decided to defend the flag (see post #85).

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post7170784

Good on you Bruce... I have met nothing but kind informative souls here on the board...

Same her Stephan...And my backdated hot rod is exactly what the Pelican poster says the members here "tear apart". I have received nothing but positive support on this forum.

Craig T
    Ventura County, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Craig T View Post
    Same her Stephan...And my backdated hot rod is exactly what the Pelican poster says the members here "tear apart". I have received nothing but positive support on this forum.
    That's because you guys aren't a**holes.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    That's because you guys aren't a**holes.
    +1
    I think the PP folks are missing the subtleties of what unleashes the hounds over here on the old S board.
    Pot calling the kettle black I say.

PS, I finally got the correct washers for my seat rails, now you jerks can get off my case.

Merry Christmas!
    Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I always knew I hated coming here. Once a day. For the past year.

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    +1
    I think the PP folks are missing the subtleties of what unleashes the hounds over here on the old S board.
    Pot calling the kettle black I say.

PS, I finally got the correct washers for my seat rails, now you jerks can get off my case.

Merry Christmas!
    Kent
    That depends ... what are the markings on the bolt heads? Dera? Kamax? Verbus?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Am I not too far off that pelican is for mid year stuff to newer SC/Carerras, and most of the early stuff owners are here?
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

I think you are spot on.

Nothing against the pelican board, because lets face it they talk about some really cool cars over there.

Those carreras and sc's are just going to get better and better. They are great cars and they can be found in great shape for a bargain.

Early cars are just different, mfi's and carburetors are just old school and completely different tech than cis, efi and turbo's. And most of us are trying to get our cars back to original or close to it, that is when we all start getting picky.