Thread: FS: 1973 911T Targa (no pics)

FS: 1973 911T Targa (no pics)

This car came to us back in November of 2013. It was a Motor Meister rescue car that came to us with the motor and transmission in a couple of baskets and tubs. The owner of the car is a nice man in Arizona who has owned the car for many years and was very thankful to have gotten it out of Motor Meister before the walls came tumbling down.

We were contracted to reconstruct the motor and transmission and to get the car up and running again. Seven months and $23,000 later, the car is back on the road. Unfortunately, the owner does not want to keep the car. His words to me were as follows, "I'm 72 years old and I already have a 356 I don't drive enough. What am I going to do with this car? I want to sell it to someone who will use it like it should be used." Despite all my attempts to convince him otherwise he is dead set on moving the car down the line.

Here's what I know:

1973 911T Targa
    Silver
    Matching numbers motor and trans (according to owner who has COA)
    Motor rebuilt by Tony at TLG
    Transmission rebuilt by Tony at TLG
    MFI intact ... NOT rebuilt but runs well
    Mahle gas burner wheels
    Fuel system completely refurbished by TLG (tank, lines, sending unit)
    Shift linkage refurbished by TLG
    New shocks front and rear (Bogue)
    New brake pads front and rear

The seats are wrong and the carpet is crap ... too bad, really, because beyond that it's a pretty nice car. The car is solid and the owner is motivated to make it go away.

If I recall correctly from the conversation I had with him a few weeks back I believe he is the 3rd owner of the car and has quite a few records to go with it. I am listing it for him as a courtesy because I want to see it go to a good home. It needs a little TLC in the interior, but she's road worthy and doesn't need much to be pressed into service. Considering it was in Motor Meister hell for as long as it was, the car is in really good condition (it was one of the cars stored inside).

Asking price is $68,500.

Please direct all inquires to TLG_Porsche@yahoo.com.

Please DO NOT call our shop during business hours to discuss the car. I'm happy to call you back and answer any questions you may have but, please, send me an email at the above address.
    Last edited by Mr9146; 05-01-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco, just as an fyi you have listed the car as a '73 in the title but as a '72 in your description.

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    Marco, just as an fyi you have listed the car as a '73 in the title but as a '72 in your description.
    Thanks. Fixed it.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687