Thread: HELP- My flat 15 X 6 fuchs do not have an air valve had inner tubes

HELP- My flat 15 X 6 fuchs do not have an air valve had inner tubes

Hello,
    So I ordered a new set of 195 65 15 tires for my 69 911T .
    They removed one tire from my flat six fuch and it had an inner tube with the air valve from the
    inner tube going through the hole on the fuch.

I was told they could not mount a non tube tire with an inner tube.
    The hole on the flat fuch has no recess to mount an air valve like most other rims.

Can some one point me in the right direction where I can buy the correct air valves to mount on the flat fuchs
    Thanks in advance,
    Al

Are you sure these are 'flat' Fuchs? Sure sounds like a 'deep' six.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I ran into this but my tire shop found some valves that would work with the thicker rim of the hole. maybe check around.

Pop in rubber valve stems are hard to use with the holes on these rims, because the holes have an irregular thickness. NAPA stores carry some that work, but they aren't a very good fit. I've found that BBS type bolt in valve stems work perfectly (they come with E50, E26, and other BBS comp wheels).
    I'll post a picture Monday if nobody else comes up with one.

If you really have the late (flat) 6X15s, they can be used with tubeless stem without modification.
    Recently, I ran across a late 6X15 that had the stem hole bored out for a tube stem and the tubeless stem fell through!!!.
    If they have been bored out, they need tubes (with tube type tires!) or they need to be welded up and re-machined.
    BTW 69 had the "deep" 6s not the flat 6s.
    If you need help with stems for a deep 6, that has been covered here. Someone will post the link.
    H

I was mistaken , they are deep six units. After reading some earlier threads it seems like the NAPA tr 415 are the ones that work.
    Thanks everyone for the help ...
    Al Z

NAPA tr 415 - there are two different styles of the TR 415 - you need the fat bottom style
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

As noted, there are at least two different styles of 415. The thicker necked ones are the ones that work (on the left) (both from NAPA BTW). Sometimes they are in the bottom of the bin. They have been getting thinner for a while now and all of the current production that I have ordered are the thin neck style that doesn't work. So we modify the wheels so the late stems (metal or rubber) will work.
    H
    Attached Images Attached Images