Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Check - Maintenance Book Porsche (911E 1969)

Price Check - Maintenance Book Porsche (911E 1969)

Hi all,

Have a Porsche Maintenace Book for sale. It came with my 2.0 911E 1969 (which is also for sale). It looks like new and has only one not in it. See pictures.

Don't know exactley what they are worth. What should I ask for it?

Regards,

Jesse
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by 72targa; 05-05-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Keep it with the car you're selling and ask for $200-$300 extra for it if you have to. Many people will thank you for it ;-).
    Andy (VA).

I agree
    Regards
    Nick

Original papers kept w the car increase a cars value.

However this item have usually car/VIN infos on the cover.
    The punched "2" holes on papers indicate usually its a period factory replacement booklet for this car.

It might was issued before 1976ish (after that they went red and had a different design) probably after change of ownership: when the new owner did not receive the original one from its previous owner.
    Registry member No.773

As much as I would really like to have this, I completely agree with the above posts. Please don't separate it from the car. Besides per forum rules, you need to state a price. Price it really high and throw in the car!

+1 on all the above...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Thanks for your replies. Thought that it didn't have that much value to the car / new owners since there is only one service note in it. But you guys think it still is?

Yes. One note or not it belongs to the car.
    $200ish is not that much money in a car's life but once its gone its lost forever.
    Registry member No.773

Also, it is part of the provenance of the car... Documents and assorted other paperwork help to build the 'legend' of the car... And, as stated above, once it is sold, it is probably gone forever. Whilst it might not have much 'absolute' value, I think that it really adds to the car's story and should be kept together if at all possible. The same goes for any other paperwork you may have: the value it has is marginal, but it just adds to the patina.

When I bought my car I didn't think there was any paperwork, but a week or so after collecting the car, I got a call from the PO to say he had found the missing rear seat pad (phew!) and some other bits and pieces. When I collected it, there were all the invoices, etc., detailing everything done to the car since 1972, it now fills two 3" ring binders... And his 'one more thing' moment was to give me the original drivers manual; whilst it was in pretty rough condition, it is the one that came from the factory in 1966, and had the original owners name hand written inside. From all that paper, I managed to reconstruct pretty much the whole history of the car: and the original owner wants to buy her back (no chance!).
    My car is a 1966 coupe with pretty much everything still there. So, not a high value Early S, but still very special to me, and the ownership experience is very much enhanced via the paperwork...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Thanks for all your replies. I have decided not to sell the maintenance book, but keep it with my E. Hopefully the new owner will like that decision

Regards,

Jesse
    Attached Images Attached Images