Thread: WTB: Circle Porsche License Frame

WTB: Circle Porsche License Frame

I am looking for a 1970's Circle Porsche (Long Beach, Ca) license frame for my 911T. Please PM me or respond to this thread if you can be of assistance.

Cheers!

Perry
    1970 911T
    1972 De Tomaso Pantera
    1997 993 Carrera 6-Speed (Gone but not forgotten)

Lightbulb

Perry,

My '73 was a 'Circle' car as well....

I looked for over 20 years for a period Circle frame with no luck. I even talked with Bert Olander (the '70's sales manager) and he had only one, and that was on his own Mercedes and not for sale....

Then, out of nowhere, a good Porsche buddy of mine sent me one in the mail.... and I will be eternally grateful....

Here's a couple of things that you may or may not know about the '70s Circle frames...
    - They were probably all in gold-colored plating, not chrome (I will probably restore mine in chrome)
    - The script was in white with a brown background. (All of Circle's '70's ads, nomenclature, and logos were in brown.)
    - The Circle's '70's frames were the old LARGE style that incorporated the bottom attaching holes in the frame, not a slot in the back, on the bottom. Therefor the frame is 7" high and not 6 1/4". When mounted on the back of a 911 the frame goes past the lower horizontal contour line of the rear valance, whereas the 'new' shorter frame is just at the contour line.... the shorter frames seem tidier on a 911 to me.....

I will probably eventuality re-chrome and mount my Circle frame to my Circle car.... but for now I look at it pinned to the gluelam the runs across my garage ceiling.

Cheers and hope any of this helped, and good luck in your search.........

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Unicorn's Haircut

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    . . . Here's a couple of things that you may or may not know about the '70s Circle frames...
    - They were probably all in gold-colored plating, not chrome (I will probably restore mine in chrome) . . .

Before you do anything to that frame, Chuck . . .

. . . please-please lemme know . . . so I can swing by + take some 'last shots'

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Frames/page40
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Chuck,

Thank you very much for the response, info. and the photo. You are a lucky man to have such good friends (to give you such nice gifts)!

I grew up in Long Beach near CSULB, in a neighborhood where many of the university professor's lived. A truly wonderful collection of sports cars were owned by the professor's, and there was one guy (about 15 years older than I) that had a silver 1970 S that I just loved. That car gave me the bug.......well that one and my brother-in-law had a 1969 911 that he had serviced at John's Place on Willow St. back in the day. I went with him there many times as an impressionable teen.

Anyway, I do appreciate your input. The search, as they say, continues!!
    1970 911T
    1972 De Tomaso Pantera
    1997 993 Carrera 6-Speed (Gone but not forgotten)