Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Dream 911 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Jordan,

I'm with you on this. An interesting, borderline experimental time at the factory wrought the GTS. And 69 was sort of a forgotten year 911 competition car wise.

And this particular car has too much about it that is so special

Here's a pic I took of it at RRIV on the 17 Mile Drive tour... LOVE IT

How about a coin toss? Heads I win tails you lose

Attachment 291100
    It’s my choice too.

Lightweight steel tub. Aluminum fenders, lids, doors, bumpers. So original. Great race history. 1 of 4 made. Factory werks car. Awesome color.

I have built my dream 911 with everything I wanted in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ESR # 2300

Beautiful color Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Beautiful color Bob.
    Thank you. It is Pastel Blue and gets a lot of compliments.
    ESR # 2300

Built my Tangerine dream car

Name:  IMG_2746.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  178.9 KBName:  IMG_2757.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  106.0 KB

'72 911T 3,0 liter MFI Albert Blue street/DE toy Jeff Higgins's Avatar
    I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to build my dream car over the course of the last 20 years. It's almost "done", as I first envisioned it oh so long ago, but it will, in fact, never really be "done". Most of you know what i mean.

Mine is a '72 T that has been slowly transformed into an "R" tribute, trying to envision what an "R" would have been by then, had Porsche continued to build them. It's about as light as I can get it, remaining all steel, at about 2100 pounds with a little bit of gas in it. Suspension and brakes have been thoroughly upgraded, with 22 and 29 mm Weltmeister torsion bars, adjustable Tarrett sway bars, adjustable Koni shocks, and Carrera "wide A" calipers on the front. It sports twin ST style fender oil coolers and a 100 liter tank as well.

What I'm most proud of, though, is it's motive power - a 3.0 liter based on an '83 "small port" SC motor. Those small ports were chosen to give me enough "meat" to port match them to the MFI induction that I adapted to run it on. I wound up re-grinding my own space cam from a stock '72 T cam to recalibrate the pump to work on this motor. The crank and rods are stock (with Raceware rod bolts), but it has JE pistons that bump compression to 10.5:1. The valves and springs are stock, but the cams feature a unique profile that I worked out with John Dougherty just for this motor. Ignition is twin plug, of course, with an Electromotive crank-fired setup. The transmission is stock, save for a Guard torque-biasing gear type limited slip. Exhaust is through SSI's and a new Dansk RSR style muffle that I reworked just a little bit.

Anyway, here she is.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world."