Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this Vasek Polak's personal '67 911S?

Was this Vasek Polak's personal '67 911S?

A few weeks ago I met Max Sluiter in LA, or Flieger as he is known here. I brought him a Dutch RS Porsche magazine where he was featured in, an article by 'Flying Dutchman' Maurice van den Tillaard. Today Max and me were mailing about Kardexes and I sent him my 306876S Kardex

Name:  Kartex 306876.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  132.6 KB

At that point I already knew that the first owner was Mr. Lentz, he was a Werks employee at the factory in Germany - in fact he was in 1967 chief export at Porsche - and he probably knew Vasek Polak very well. The strange thing is that the second owner was mr. VACLAV Polak. I thought I read it wrong and when I knew I was right I thought it must have been his brother.

After I had sent the Kardex today I decided to look into it once again and found out these things:

-Vasek was born Vaclav Polak in Prague. He changed his name to Vasek later on. See: http://www.torrancememorial.org/Clin...sek_Polak.aspx
    -The address at the Kardex was not a dealership, so it could have been a private residence. So I googled the residence - 914 Duncan Place in Manhattan Beach - and found out one of his relatives (first wife? age 92) still lives there: http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/p...015/914_duncan. So this was probably one of his personal cars.

Maybe Vasek Polak registered all imported cars on his private address, I don't know. What I also don't know if this is of any significance. He probably had a lot of personal Porsches during his life so maybe nobody cares. Still it's a nice extra piece of history to this car. First owner a Porsche chief (Werks car), second owner Vasek Polak (maybe).

My question is: are there pictures of him with his cars in the sixties, or is there any other way I can dig deeper in the possible ownership of Polak?

Erik

PS: This is the car now, in the back is engine 960003, completely revised. When the last details are in place I will put it for sale here first.

Name:  IMG_5681-1.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  71.8 KB
    Last edited by kouwenhoven; 05-14-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Hi Erik, what type of car is that in the background with the two rollbars?

Thanks

Uli

Sorry, wrong section, please move to General Info.

Thanks

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Hi Erik, what type of car is that in the background with the two rollbars?

Thanks
    Uli
    Good one. It has three wheels ;-)

Been thinking about this car . . . and looking for it, too

VIN = 306876
    Eng# = 960871
    Trans# = 103841

Some comments . . .

1) From looking at the Kardex, looks to me like the car was serviced at/by Porsche --- in Stuttgart?. All work done under warranty, apparently --- multiple warranty requests (gewährleistungsanträge), made in March + all completed/approved? 22.8.67

2) While the 1st owner appears to be Mr Lentz . . . 'Porsche' is clearly written at the line designating the 2nd owner --- 'Wagenbesitzer' . . . but there are other notations there that need to be interpreted

3) As I read them, the notes at the line designating the 3rd owner read 'verkauf aus 30.7.68 Vaclav Polak, 914 Duncan Place . . . etc.' This notation looks very similar to the one on my Kardex. Significant also is the address, which corresponds to none of Mr Polak's dealerships, and appears to be a private residence

Definitely could be Mr Polak's personal car --- IMO. Any ownership history of this vehicle can be found by requesting the registration records from CA DMV . . . but those may only be available if the car is currently registered there

Anyway . . .

. . . this is only the 2nd car that I know of that has been publicly documented to have been sold to a dealer --- yet specifically noting the address of a private residence . . .

. . . which was why I've been thinking about it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-14-2014 at 04:31 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Another VP car . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Polak-Survivor

VIN = 11805270
    Eng# = 3380295
    Trans# = 3180598

Wonder what this Kardex says . . .

We Can Be Heroes

I'm glad to have been able to watch this discovery in almost real time.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Curious also that there's an 11-month gap between the time of the last 'wartungsdienste'/maintenance services, on 30.3.67/22.8.67 . . . and the car's apparent transfer to Mr Polak on 30.7.68

What was the car doing for all those months? . . . w/ 'Wagenbesitzer'/owner nr 2 = Porsche

Another un-interpreted note, too --- far right, above 'Calif' . . .

Lt. HM v 25.4.68 ?

Need Karim to look at this
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-13-2014 at 10:17 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks Rick, that's great news.

After mr. Lentz owned the car, it went to Porsche KG - that's what Porsche AG used to be named. There it was perhaps in the test program for some months - during the time the 911 R was developed - and after that it was sold to Mr. Polak. My Kardex source revealed the following, concerning the HM and the date:

Lt. HM means Internal Information 25.04 1968 (that's for the sale to Polak)

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by kouwenhoven View Post
    Good one. It has three wheels ;-)
    Morgan of course.