Thread: FS: @RoadScholars - '73 'S' . . .

FS: @RoadScholars - '73 'S' . . .

VIN = 9113301119
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = 7338958

'. . . We just purchased this 1973 911S from one of our favorite collectors in the Seattle area. As an extremely knowledgeable collector, he knows the details and has a passion for making his Porsches as close to perfect as possible . . .

. . . We looked at this car together some time ago trying to decide what it needed before he bought it. The car was very nice, rust free with older paint and no service records to speak of. We then discovered it had been re-imported from Japan (exported in early 1980′s) which would explain the lack of records. It seems when the cars go to or come from Japan the documents tend to get thrown out due to the language barrier . . .

. . . This is a great, sympathetically restored 911S. Equipped from the factory with a Sunroof, the A/C along with sport seats appear to be dealer add-ons. Part of our collectors “tweaking” included the through the grill driving lights, the removal of the ugly U.S. bumper guards for the cleaner looking European versions, and a rear muffler skirt from his extensive parts collection . . .

. . . Chris’s German’s in Bellevue, Washington handled the service to bring everything else up to snuff. If you have desired an exceptional 73 911S this car certainly fits the bill . . .
    '

Sale Pending

http://roadscholars.com/inventory/19...d-exceptional/

(Not mine)

Zis Griot's car?
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Hmmph.
    Road Scholars is slipping. Really nice, but not perfect.
    One thing I'm not buying is the production date on the door jamb sticker. Doesn't jive with the data on the Registry.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    Hmmph.
    Road Scholars is slipping. Really nice, but not perfect.
    One thing I'm not buying is the production date on the door jamb sticker. Doesn't jive with the data on the Registry.
    Yep several details wrong (wrong steering wheel irks me), but 11/72 ? No way. My documented 3300854 was built 02/73. 3301119 should be built towards end of production. April I believe. Something fishy here. GAWR line should read front and rear, not use a /.

The other thing on the Federal tag are the weights. Should be 3086 lbs total and 1323 front and 1852 lbs rear. These are all correct in kg on the stamped plate, but converted wrong on the Fed sticker. Easy enough to fix, but a very sloppy error on such an important tag.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Anyone know the asking price of car.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

The dogtooth does not look like original. I have yet to figure out what part sympathy plays in restoring cars!
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Some of us feel that the bumperettes are not "ugly" but are an authentic, one year only attribute of the 1973 911 U.S. production cars. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Some of us feel that the bumperettes are not "ugly" but are an authentic, one year only attribute of the 1973 911 U.S. production cars. So there.
    This is likely to be a "ROW" car, so no black plastic bumperettes ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

The air cleaner cover decal if accurate (original type) suggests that this is a 73.5 MY MFI 'S' model.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

member #1515
    Dash knobs and fasten seat belt light are for a US car. Could have been added to import car with DOT rules.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs