Thread: FS: 1973.5 911T Targa Dalmation Blue $58,000

FS: 1973.5 911T Targa Dalmation Blue $58,000

Sympathetic restoration of very original 82,xxx mile car (believed to be accurate, I have titles and odo reading going back 10 years to support).
    Body: 1.5 year old bare metal respray in original color. Shows very nicely. Rust repair done in three areas: rear seat bottoms, front doglegs and lock posts. All work down properly by ASE certified body man. All the rest is original metal. All bodywork done over epoxy primer, any surface rust on car was eliminated then top coated with Chassis Saver. All rubber replaced with OEM seals with the exception of Cars Inc. Targa seals. Targa top recovered in correct vinyl and is remarkably quiet at speed. Fresh windshield, all other glass is original.
    Suspension: All suspension with the exception of rear trailing arms was removed, repainted and rebushed with rubber/ Neatrix bushings to preserve original ride. Recent Bilsteins and brake rebuilds. 5 date matched original Fuchs reanodized and painted (I had it done locally and while they look good, they are not to the standard of the known west coast refinishers. There are a few dark blemishes in two of the wheels) .
    Powertrain: Matching numbers engine confirmed through Porsche NA (they will do this over the phone, I didn't get a COA). Runs great with a little puff of smoke on cold start then runs clean and strong. Burns oil within spec (basically immeasurable with amount I've driven) Leak down even, <10% across all cylinders. I removed the engine for reseal but still leaks quarter size drops from front main seal and chain boxes. Checked head studs,valve lash,did rocker arm seals, renewed ignition system, rebuilt one chain tensioner+hydrostops, trued valve covers. Transmission shifts good with new shifter bushings. Axles rebuilt. Aluminum Sachs clutch with 9.5mm friction surface remaining. Exhaust is original, I welded some small patches and painted grey, correct square tip.
    Interior: Mostly original with the exception of a German replacement dash and kneepads. It had dealer installed air that I removed. The large hole in the fire wall is filled with a plywood blank. I put a speaker in there with the thought of improving the radio but it still has the original Blaupunkt Frankfurt. The radio works on FM but not AM. The steering wheel was recovered with the available kit with the proper stitching. The clock works but keeps lousy time. The rest is original and in good condition, a little tired or patinated depending on your perspective.
    Misc.: I have records going back ten years and approximately $20K in receipts. It has the jack and spare. Unfortunately the tool kit is only about 50% complete. The car was built to be an original driver and it does that very well. The only departures from original are the H4s, turbo tie rods and valve covers, and front bumper overrider delete. It is sorted and ready to drive. The car is available for inspection in southwest Florida $55,000/ offers. bclearly@gmail.com
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/849976...7636844016255/
    Last edited by Specmiata; 05-16-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Looks like I'm asking too much. Let's say $55k/ offers.

Very well price, if not under current market, GLWS.

I thought I priced it aggressively but it took a day and a half to get a deposit.

Like I said very well priced. the new PO got a very nice 911 at a good priced, only up from here.

Always nice to have a couple photos on the thread . . .

73 911T Targa 1.JPG

73 911T Targa 2.JPG
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Well priced ! and a vey nice car, lovely color
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa