Thread: Looking for US history, '70T 9110110437

Looking for US history, '70T 9110110437

I saw how lucky Radmund was with his quest so I am throwing out a dart of my own.

My 1970T Targa is originally a US car and was imported into Canada (Alberta) in 1986. I have the history of the car while in Canada but have hit a road block on US ownership. Below is a picture of the car as it looked when I purchased it in 2012. The car was originally Irish Green and was repainted red while in the US (the Alberta data shows it as a red car). It also originally had chrome steel wheels. A previous owner here said it came from Arizona but I have no other info. Unfortunately I do not have the name of the person that imported the car. I have tried the DMV in Arizona and California but they only keep records for 10 years. The build date was 10/69 so it was probably sold in the first months of 1970.

I know this is a very long shot but Radmunds responses gave me a glimmer of hope.

Name:  IMG_0149a.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  120.2 KB
    Last edited by Irish911; 05-16-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Member #2666

Subscribing to your thread in case some of my good karma can rub off!

Wish you the best of luck in your quest! Post as many pictures and details as possible, hopefully someone will remember it!!
    Have you tried to find out what dealer sold the car new???

Best, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

The 911T Registry . . .

. . . another resource . . .
    http://911t.pca.org/

HtH --- and good luck!

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks Radmund and Rick. The 911T registry is dormant and has been for some time.

I should mention the car is a 4 speed and I am sure there are not a lot of those out there. From another delivery date sheet I have seen I believe it was delivered in January of 1970. I do not know where it was sold new unfortunately.
    Member #2666

OK, a bit more info in the hopes it jogs someones memory. I found out the car was originally shipped to Los Angeles in Dec/69, so was probably purchased 12/69 or 01/70. Below is how the car might have looked when new (without the soft window and a LWB), showing correct colour and chrome steel wheels. Might post this on the Pelican as well as the previous owner may have a newer Porsche today.

Name:  96b4d857bcf384a5a34275fe14ac26dd.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:  GT-Spirit-GT001CS-Porsche-911S-Targa-11.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  54.9 KB
    Member #2666