Thread: FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911T Targa

Wink FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911T Targa

Oh this is going to be an expensive lesson. I thought I wanted a Targa, so I sold my coupe and found this Targa in Ottawa. Drove it to Toronto in the middle of winter. It was glorious! Probably my best mini-road trip I've taken in awhile. The drive, including the heater was flawless, -30 outside, T-Shirt inside. Except for one tiny problem. I miss the feeling of an early coupe & want another. If I can play my cars right, that white 69 Euro Coupe forgotten in the garage will see light of day towards end of summer. It has period correct go-fast goodies on it buried under 20 years of accumulated crap in the guys garage. So this one's gotta go. I've posted it on ebay: Item # 251534694088 and offering it here as well.

Complete VIN's shown. The car is registered under my company name so I can drive around on a dealer plate as opposed to going through the normal route of getting it licensed etc.

Number matching 73 T.
    VIN# 911.311.1279
    Engine #: 6133691
    OEM Color: 622 - BiegGrau

Factory options:
    470 - Comfort Equipment
    490 - Porsche Hi-Fi
    568 - Tinted Glass

Option Code 470 was standard equipment on S and optional on T and E models:
    -"S" pkge includes 6x15" Fuchs
    - 85 Litre Fuel Tank with space saver spare
    - 911S instruments
    - 380mm Steering wheel (same wheel found on RS)
    - wider 911s rubber moldings on bumpers below doors
    - chromed rocker panels
    - velour carpeting as found on 911s

This is a show winning US car originally sold to a private collector and found it's way to Toronto, Canada. It is equipped with period correct Recaro seats in-place of the stock chairs & all carpets etc have been replaced. The clock doesn't work, but is intact and can be repaired. The car is fitted with a Momo steering wheel. The original wheel is included. The body is solid with no rust, no filler. Battery boxes are fine and the car has a gel battery in the smuggler's box. Spare Fuchs is intact and included.The car has been fitted with a ducktail, and has the S option front spoiler.

With fitted Bilstein 'green' struts, after market adjustable anti-sway bars and a tower brace, handling is superb. Braking is excellent due to the later model Carrera brakes which are currently fitted. The original S type aluminum calipers, discs and spare pads are included to maintain the cars authenticity. Five excellent condition Fuchs rims, lots of wear left on tires, brakes etc. 915 transmission with new kevlar clutch, resurfaced flywheel & rebuilt CV joints. Engine has been resealed. The original engine has been bumped 2.7 litres in stock cases. Weber carbs in place of the fuel injection. SC cam, turbo chains and valve covers. Upgraded chain tensioners, Permatune ignition, SSI heat exchangers and dual exhaust round out the drivetrain. Pulls clean to 7,300 rpm. A large front mount oil cooler, Mocal thermostat and braided stainless steel lines keeps heat in check.

As this car is located in Ontario Canada, I will pay for door to door shipping to anywhere in the USA or Canada by enclosed transport. I am not affiliated with TFX International in any way except that they offer exceptional service & are reasonably priced. They take care of all the necessary paperwork to cross the border. That's right, I'll pay for the shipping. You'll need to pick-up the tab for any import fees, DMV, State local taxes etc. I will assist in the transportation to the shipping port located in Montreal if an overseas buyer is interested. Best to contact me for details.

To summarize:

1. US Car from Colorado sold to a private collector, finds it's way to Canada.
    2. Show winner
    2. Period correct Recaro Sport Seats
    3. New carpets
    4. Clock doesn't work
    5. Momo Steering Wheel, OEM wheel included
    6. Solid chassis. No Rust. No bondo.
    7. Battery Boxes in great shape
    8. Gel Battery in smugglers box
    9. Fuchs Spare tire included
    10. Ducktail Spoiler
    11. Optional "S" front spoiler
    12. Bilstein 'green' struts
    13. Aftermarket adjustable sway bars & tower brace
    14. Late Model Carrera brakes. Original S type aluminum calipers, disc & spare pads included
    15. All 5 Fuchs are in excellent condition.
    16. Tires & brakes are good
    17. rebuilt 915 Transmission
    18. New Kevlar clutch
    19. Machined flywheel
    20. CV joints rebuilt
    21. Engine resealed when cases split for 2.7 upgrade on stock cases
    22. Weber Carbs
    23. SC Cams
    24. Turbo chains and valve covers
    25. Upgraded Chain Tensioners
    26. Permatune Ignition & Nology wires
    27. SSI heat exchangers & dual exhaust
    28. Pulls clean to 7,300 rpm
    29. Large front mounted oil cooler with Mocal thermostat
    30. Braided Stainless Steel Lines

As soon as I can figure out why I can't post photos, I'll post some.
    ----
    Early S junkie
    72 914/6 2.0
    73 914/4 2.0
    S Registry: #2750

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Some photos from the eBay listing . . .

Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Something of a Targa hot rod. You don't see to many of those. Looks sharp. GLWS.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Thanks for posting the pics. I couldn't get them to upload.
    ----
    Early S junkie
    72 914/6 2.0
    73 914/4 2.0
    S Registry: #2750