Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I've entered the dark side

Quite the dilemma....The 73's 'value' has had a negative effect, so now it's only a sunny weekend occasional garage car
    on the other hand a few people had asked how much for the 86 ....and then they skulk away :-(
    I pitched a price that I 'felt was quite 'fair' given the present market..so she is living the good life with with me
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

Long-time no-see Ron. Hope all is well. Yale and I were cruising through upstate New York and a guy was entering the highway with an old BMW motorcycle...he floored it to catch up to us and I thought it might be you but it wasn't.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    Long-time no-see Ron. Hope all is well. Yale and I were cruising through upstate New York and a guy was entering the highway with an old BMW motorcycle...he floored it to catch up to us and I thought it might be you but it wasn't.
    It wasn't a very old BMW if he "floored it" and DID catch up. I time mine with a calendar. 😉
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Ha ha...hey Tom. I don't know what year it is. But I do know it goes pretty good.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Quote Originally Posted by Kaefer View Post
    Simplify and add lightness. These cars respond really well to reducing weight...
    They certainly do. My car's a '78--I've removed almost 700 lbs and it rips.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Hi Mark...not my bike, I had the dealer pick it up for some much needed work, first time in the shop, I've owned it 26 years!

good to hear you and Yale cars are getting 'exorcised' to hot out for me and working lots of overtime
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"

Today I took the 86 Carrera to blow out the spiders etc.

Cant believe I've owned it for 6 years, I originally intended on fixing stuff and 'flipping' it....I guess I'm a very slow flipper
    I have had a recent un invoked inquiry to sell, yea I 'need the room etc, bla bla bla... but I just cant get over just how great this thing drives!
    135k on the clock, I've put 18k on it, did a DE day a few years ago with it, brakes, suspension and engine are wonderful and used no oil!

I better text the potential buyer and then tuck it away for the coming winter
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Can't live with'em - can't live without'em - all we can do is drive'em

Room ? Room for what Ron ?

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Bought this, 1987 K100RS Motorsport
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"

update...7 years? really? 137k now on the clock bought it with 117k

Ya know when you look back at the 'car' after your across the hardware store parking lot....dammmm...she's looking all squatty and come hither...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gumby; 01-01-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"