Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73 RS mfi value

73 RS mfi value

I have this mess sitting on my bench. It is my understanding that it is authentic and a little bit of research reveals that the injection pump has the right # for a 73RS. It looks new or a fresh job of being restored. It came to me along with an almost complete 72 911 project car in cartons. It belonged to a well known local enthusiast who had been collecting parts for over 15 yearsName:  Bosch 73 RS mfi (1).jpg
Views: 446
Size:  112.8 KBName:  Bosch 73 RS mfi (2).jpg
Views: 449
Size:  99.9 KB for his personal hot rod when he retired. Sadly, he became sick and passed on about 5 years ago. I know little about mfi and will probably not be using it primarily because I won't know how to set it up, tune it or fix it if it breaks. I don't have the fuel pump, but somewhere in the mess I have the other belt drive hub that fits on the camshaft. Any info on what may be market value nowadays would be appreciated. I can post some more photos if needed.

Nice! I'll give you $1,000 right now.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Post it for $25k, I bet it sells quick.

Rs mfi

Ok...I am an idiot. Thought the 73 RS induction was plastic? Those stacks are magnesium. Am I missing something? Pretty setup, but looks unusually similar to the Andial 3.0 twin plug induction I have that uses a 69 S TB and stack setup.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

2.4L throttle bodies with 2.2L stacks and a pump that's been made into an 019 (looks like a restamp from here)

Still worth good money if its fresh
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Interesting collection.

I can't tell if the stacks are mag or plastic on my screen but no doubt you will be able to in real life. The real ones are plastic.

According to this factory literature, the Carrera RS stacks and throttle bodies were the same ones used on the 2.4 911S. For reference, the part number for the stacks is 911.110.063.02. These are interchangeable from left to right. The part numbers for the throttle bodies are 911.110.085.10 and 911.110.1085.11.

As far as the injection pump is concerned, a date correct early one is gold. These pumps have manufacturing dates right through 1976 as the 2.7 MFI engine was used on Euro Carreras right up until the Carrera 3.0 was introduced - therefore not all pumps have been created equally. The ID plate in your photo does suggest the mythical '019' pump but these tags are often swapped etc as we all know. You need to check some of the other numbers.

Here are some photos of casting dates and production numbers etc from my '019' from that first 1972/73 series of pumps.

As for value...serviceable stacks and throttle bodies - $4,000 - $5,500 and serviced and properly stored pump as a genuine early series '019' maybe up to $10,000 but hey the market's so narrow it would depend on the day.

Name:  IMG_0824.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0825.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  90.9 KB

There's also some discussion in my build thread at page 6 of that thread http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-project/page6

Cheers,
    Mark
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

Quote Originally Posted by 91133 View Post
    Interesting collection.

I can't tell if the stacks are mag or plastic on my screen
    The velocity stacks should be all you need.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco is correct. The '9' in 019 is not the correct font. Someone restamped the ID tag on the pump when it was rebuilt.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

The pump is definitely a restamp. The date coding in the serial number, 13211495, indicate that this pump was built in Dec. of 1971. I don't think there were any RS pumps built as early as that. Note in the later pic of the actual RS pump posted by 91133, it was built in March of '73. As a note for those who don't understand what I'm referring to, the first three numbers on the Bosch pumps tell the year and month of manufacture. The following info is good for Bosch pumps built in the 1970's. The first number is the year, and the second and third numbers are the month. Bosch started at 21 for January, 22 for February and so on. October is 30, Nov. 31, Dec. 32. So this pump starting with 132 = 1971, Dec. //// 91133's pump begins with 323= 1973, March Also of note, I believe all RS pumps were aluminum like the one in 91133's pic. The 132 pump is magnesium.
    Last edited by Gearby; 05-20-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    RS pumps started out Mag and changed over to Alu piece by piece, I'v seen RS pumps, part Mag & part Alu, by mid year production. Air stacks should be plastic but in original production, 1-2-3 side had brass inserts for flapper valve and 4-5-6 side didn't. And date code is to early for a RS. Gled