Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

'69 Targa . . .

. . . see post #78 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...o-Sample/page8
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Very convenient for those people who want to make up fake window stickers.
    Hi Mike,
    What is your concern?? That people will fake these documents to make their cars more "original"????

71E:

More on the car here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...for-US-history
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

You think having the window sticker doesn't make a car more valuable in and of itself? Maybe not in Norway but in the USA it does.
    We know the COA tend to be incorrect, so now a person can modify their car, add a sunroof maybe, put it on the window sticker and now its legit. You don't think this won't happen? Computer pictures of the window stickers have never been real easy to obtain. Usually they were poor pictures, never the year you wanted, or had the options you might be interested in. But by putting a lot of stickers on one thread it makes it much easier to do whatever you want.
    Mike

I would not ever trust a copy of anything as a way to verify or assert what it contains. only the original first an only window sticker that came with the car
    has any credibility with me. an original will be difficult to pass the sniff test, literally.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Point taken and I´m no more interested than you in seeing any documentation being tampered with. The dilemma for all the good guys here is that the more we see, the more we learn.. What about kardexes? Should those be removed as well??

I will bow for the collective wisdom of this board. Let me know if I should remove my post, watermark it or something else.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    . . . The dilemma for all the good guys here is that the more we see, the more we learn . . .
    Hear-hear . . . . . . .

We Can Be Heroes

The 71 E from Bob Smith looks so messed up it is probably the original.
    We were told we would be fined if we touched the Monroney sticker.
    The customer had to remove it, we couldn't even touch it after the sale.....
    Every dealer had an additional window sticker for changes or additions.
    They clearly added A/C and removed leather seats.
    What is it with the transportation? First the trucking is added then subtracted for East?
    The car was imported through the SoCal (P/A Pacific) so why not charge more for delivery to the East?
    And "Make Ready" was not to be charged to the customer, unless it was some sort of prep for shipping?
    Anyway that wouldn't fly at our dealership, maybe because we were close to the Fed office in charge of that stuff and were reminded frequently about the laws...
    Looks about right for Bob Smith though
    H
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 05-31-2014 at 05:23 PM.

'73 Targa . . .

We Can Be Heroes

This one (above) is very unusual in that it has a serial # in red that I have not seen before.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers