Thread: Market price 65 engine with solex?

Market price 65 engine with solex?

Hi guys

I`m looking for a 65 engine in range # 901xxx with correct solex 40 and solex airfilter housing and pierburg twinpump. I prefere a nice running one, or even better a rebuild one. I have not seen many for sale complete with everything, so I know it is a longshot, what is the current market price/value for such nice package, if possible to locate it?

I have seen core engine for about 20.000 dollars and solex set up for about 8.000 dollars, but have they sold for these high numbers?

thanks

Lars
    Last edited by lars1965; 06-02-2014 at 10:01 AM.

I'll take a stab at this one. I doubt you'll get the whole package in one go, you will need to pick up pieces as they come available. But my sense is your numbers are not going to be too far off when you are all done. Solex cores run $3500-5000 needing rebuilding, the air cleaners will set you back $2000-$2500 if you can find one, and then the accessories like the lines, pump, linkages. So yeah, you are not far off $8k for the carb set up.