Thread: Unobtanium Freebie #2

Unobtanium Freebie #2

As a thank you for 10 years of supplying Porsche drivers with cars and parts for their restorations, we decided to start a series of giveaways. The only catch is that you have to send us a photo of your car (preferably with you in it) for the blog before we mail your freebie. If you post your photo here, even better and quicker. We just want these bits to go to people who will use them on the car. Sometimes it'll be something really neat like the last Freebie NOS license plate lights, other times it will be less cool, but always something useful for an early 911. It's one way we can say thanks for 10 years of a really fun business to be in. Keep The Faith.

Congratulations to Freebie Winner #1 Stephen Acworth, who will be using the NOS license plate lights on his '66 Slate Gray 911, the "Grey Ghost."

Freebie #2 - Original Lackstift in Schiefergrau (Slate Gray), Paint Code 6601

The paint is dried out but it's a great addition to the glove box. The irony of Stephen's car color is not lost on us, but he's not eligible for this giveaway! Plesae post a photo of your Slate Gray early 911 if you'd like this Freebie.

Thanks for the years of support, we're lucky to have a dream job!
    - Matt and Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

That's ironic... But for sure I'm not going to complain... The lights were wonderful... Thanks for your generosity!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Whilst I think it would be cool to have this, I am not complaining as the NOS lights are really cool and useful. Kudos to you guys for doing this!

Member #1616

split time between Home in Ponte Vedra Beach FL and Atlanta
    Very nice gesture ,

Not a candidate, my car is repainted silver and the code is wrong, 6801. Just wanted to say thanks for this nice gesture and that stuff like this makes me want to be a customer!!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Boy do I feel hoodwinked. I sent 911E4ME a free Lackstift in Slate Gray because you seemed to want it as part of your beloved car. Now I see that you're just going to use it as part of your sales package. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...xcellence.html That wasn't very honest of you. I know two guys who really wanted that original paint for their glove boxes but I sent it to you because you responded first. Maybe you can send it back and I'll give it to somebody who is keeping it? - Matt
    Last edited by Unobtanium-inc; 06-12-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Matt

I promise you the licence plate lights I received from you in Unobtanium Freebie #1 are definitely going onto the Grey Ghost, and I have no intention to part with the car in the foreseeable future. I was quite surprised when I saw this car pop up on e-bay earlier today...

I hope the Lackstift ends up gracing the glovebox of a different car...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Boy do I feel hoodwinked. I sent 911E4ME a free Lackstift in Slate Gray because you seemed to want it as part of your beloved car. Now I see that you're just going to use it as part of your sales package. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...xcellence.html That wasn't very honest of you. I know two guys who really wanted that original paint for their glove boxes but I sent it to you because you responded first. Maybe you can send it back and I'll give it to somebody who is keeping it? - Matt

Member #1616

Sorry you feel that way, I did not intend to make it part of my "sales package". I didn't list it in the ad and wasn't planning to...I was just going to give it to the new owner who I'm sure would appreciate it greatly. Not sure why it would bother you that I'm selling the car to a new caretaker (you of all people who sells/flips tons of Porsches and parts to new enthusiasts), but I'll be happy to send it back to you if that's your wish.
    Searching for engine case 903879