Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grady Clay

Grady Clay

Fellow Early 911 Enthusiasts:

Grady Clay spent decades as an expert Porsche mechanic from Denver helping his fellow enthusiasts with great technical advice and assistance, especially in the early daze of 911s. Now he's not doing well. With Grady's and his partner Karen Hostetter's permission, I'm sending this note to let his many friends know that he is now in the hospital in serious condition, suffering from an aggravation of his longtime illness, and the outlook is not good.

I suggest sending a card to him at Rm. 1003, University of Colorado Hospital Denver, 12605 E. 16th Ave., Aurora, CO 80045. He's unable to field phone calls easily, but the hospital's number is 720/848-0000. He can have visitors and would likely enjoy a brief talk in person. Meanwhile, please keep him in your thoughts.

Frank

My thoughts are with him. He was a big contributor at Pelican regarding early 911s.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Very knowledgeable good guy who helped me on several occasions. I wish him all the best...

Sorry to hear and thanks for posting. Grady has always been one of the most knowledgeable and thorough resources for our early cars. Certainly a rare breed.
    Let's hope he sees some sort of recovery.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Aww crap. Grady has been brilliant to me over the years through emails, photos, and instructions.

Thanks for the address Frank, I'll definitely shoot him a note.
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

I've never talked to Grady but I've listen to every word he said on the boards - Bird and Early S.

Thanks for letting me lurk, Grady! You are a pro in every sense of the word...I have learned so much...

Get Well!

Sincerely,

Jeff
    1973.5 911T
    S Registry #1977
    Point 5 Registry #1

Sorry to hear about the deterioration in Grady's condition - he's helped me a number of times over the years with his generously-given time/advice & amazing wealth of knowledge & experience.

I hope his current spell in hospital turns out to be only a temporary 'blip'.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    One the the most gracious, knowledgable and helpful individuals I have come across on any site.

- Here's hoping the mechanics can sort him out and he'll be back on the road in due time.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Yes, lets hope that his doctors have skills with the human body that Grady has with things Porsche. Then he could make a full recovery.
    I have enjoyed chatting with him, and certainly miss his contributions. Thanks for posting the contact info so that I can give him my best wishes.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Yes, lets hope that his doctors have skills with the human body that Grady has with things Porsche. Then he could make a full recovery.
    I have enjoyed chatting with him, and certainly miss his contributions. Thanks for posting the contact info so that I can give him my best wishes.
    Very well said Dave........

Grady has been a great friend to this community and one of the Early Porsche technical and historic knowledge standards for decades........

Get well soon.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter