Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973 RSR Tribute built on a 1984 Turbo-Look Carrera With 3.6Liter Varioram Motor!

FS: 1973 RSR Tribute built on a 1984 Turbo-Look Carrera With 3.6Liter Varioram Motor!

THE CAR IS SOLD! THANKS EARLY S!

Hello Friends! I have owned this awesome car for just over two years and I drive it wherever I can. It has been featured in the ESSES magazine as part of the Targa California article that I wrote for the June 2013 issue. The article (reprinted below) describes the build of this car in great detail. I realize that not everyone will be able to read it in this format, so here is a list of some of the upgrades and features of this amazing build:

Drivetrain
    3.6 Liter Varioram engine from 1997
    ECU reprogrammed in Germany
    Modified Air Cleaner
    Lightened Flywheel
    915 Transmission from original car – rebuilt 10,000 miles ago
    Supertrapp Exhaust tuned (brilliantly IMO) from a sputtering gurgle at low RPM to a roar at higher speeds
    ~300 Horsepower
    Mechanical
    930 Turbo Brakes (part of original M491 package) with stainless steel braided lines
    Aluminum Strut Bar between front towers mounted to RSR-style Welded Brackets
    Bilstein Struts/Shocks
    Stiffer Torsion Bars/Factory Sway Bars
    9x17 and 11x17 Lindsey Racing P2 Wheels – custom built with RSR finish, no center caps
    Lowered and Corner Weighted
    Body
    M491 (turbo-look) fenders – within millimeters of original RSR – all metal factory fenders
    Sunroof Deleted by builder – impossible to tell this has been done!
    Driver’s Side Mirror – authentic period Stainless piece
    Door Handles and Bright Trim from early series 911
    Grand Prix White with Blue “Carrera” side scripts
    Replica Foil Badge on front hood
    Rally Latches on front and rear bonnets
    Interior
    Deleted Items: Rear Seat, Radio, Clock, Air Conditioning, Heat
    MOMO “Jackie Stewart” 350mm Steering Wheel
    RSR Carpets with RSR Rubber Runners in front footwells
    Dead Pedal Installed
    “period” Halon Fire Extinguisher
    Italian “GTS” Seats
    RSR Door Panels with Leather Pulls
    New Headliner

Here is a link to a photo album showing all the important stuff:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pv4bh7uj...GGt2tUnZa?dl=0

This car is fully sorted and it is the best driving Porsche I have ever been in. The overall condition of the car is "very good" -- the only things that keep it from being "excellent" are the usual paint chips on the nose and rear fenders. (I show these in the photo album.) There is virtually no rust except one dime-sized spot underneath the driver's side door trim (see photo album for an image of this). When I put it away, I always use the fitted car cover.

The chassis has about 105,000 on it and the motor has about 60,000 on it (15k in this car). The transmission was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago. I can give you a lot more information if you are interested, but most importantly, I think potential suitors to this car should make sure they get behind the wheel. That's what sold me!

I want to sell the car because I am interested in getting into a "bone stock" early 911. To that end, I would be willing to sell or trade. THE CAR IS SOLD! THANKS EARLY S!

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments!
    Last edited by uptheorg; 04-11-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: changed album link to one that works!
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Not to hi-jack your thread but who was it that "built" the '74 RS 3.0 look(er) on the 491 Chassis? I think he was from the Philly area. White with gold. Pretty thing too.

Good luck with the sale.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Not to hi-jack your thread but who was it that "built" the '74 RS 3.0 look(er) on the 491 Chassis? I think he was from the Philly area. White with gold. Pretty thing too.

Good luck with the sale.

Tom
    Tom, that might be Dr. Dave
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Yes, that's him. Thanks.

Saw the car for the 1st time at a Rally in the Valley. I told him he was pretty clever as it was imho a slick way to do an RS 3.0 tribute. Use a car that's 90% there already.

Tom

Here you go, Tom, from one of our Frenchtown breakfasts
    1408255_10202395188065860_99438739_o_zps4a057f8f.jpg

Yes, that's him. Thanks.

Saw the car for the 1st time at a Rally in the Valley. I told him he was pretty clever as it was imho a slick way to do an RS 3.0 tribute. Use a car that's 90% there already.

Tom
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica87911 View Post
    Here you go, Tom, from one of our Frenchtown breakfasts
    1408255_10202395188065860_99438739_o_zps4a057f8f.jpg

Perfect! Clever lad that Dr. Dave.

. . .pretty clever as it was . . . a slick way to do an RS 3.0 tribute. Use a car that's 90% there already.

Tom
    . . . just like the car I am featuring in the original post!
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    . . . just like the car I am featuring in the original post!
    To those who know what this entails I figured that went without saying. Dr. Dave's car was brought up to show what can be done with a 491. Your's is no less an accomplishment and certainly a pricier example considering the work that has to go into the front end.

Tom-Thanks for the compliments on my car. You will be happy to know that the interior is more "correct" now for 3.0RS tribute and its being driven with reckless abandon

In regards to Jim's car offered on this thread, I have had the pleasure of seeing it in person and it is an amazing car, built to a high standard and worth every penny. If I can pull the scratch together before someone else buys it, it will be sitting next to the white and gold car
    Dave Raab
    O6 R702 ESR1852
    1986 Carrera

Need a cosignor? What sort of collateral do you have?:roll eyes:

Nice pair they would make!

Tom