Thread: SWB Inner Sill Silencer Question

SWB Inner Sill Silencer Question

I believe early cars like mine have a tube silencer and later cars have something differant

After removing the inner and outer Sills my silence has holes in it.

Is it best to repair or replace?

Is it easy to remove and reinstall (to check the side I can't see)?

Is the part available OEM/after market?

Any help would be much Appreciated

Any alternatives?

And do they slide off once you super heat the brassed parts?

here is the answer to your pm....the stupid guys in the acid dip shop did cut that hole....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    here is the answer to your pm....the stupid guys in the acid dip shop did cut that hole....
    Thanks,

But one the car has been dipped I assume the wool stoney bits get wet and then become no good!!

Has anybody used exhaust baffles etc??

these tubes will be available pretty soon

I am at the final stage with these

only difference is, I will o not use the stone wool material inside, but a foam tube

otherwise they will be exact as original ones, should be ready for 1st of august

pics to follow asap

Marek
    Last edited by Marek; 06-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Still required urgently

Any help please