Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam Cars for Sale

Scam Cars for Sale

Craigslist Las Vegas.
    1965 911 for $9,000.
    Reno Williams is the alias.
    1 323 873. 0827

Scam Cars for Sale

Just as we have this issue with parts, we also need to watch for car sales that are scams...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Scam 65 911

Is this the place to report a scam?

I just missed out on a 28K € deal on a 65 911.
    Turned out the car has been sold in April this year for 180.000$

Seller told me someone else was giving him the deposit for the car already.

What to do?

Cheers
    Last edited by Joost Hermes; 07-04-2014 at 02:56 AM.
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Banned
    "Reporting" a scam here simply alerts other potential buyers (noble endeavor) but without additional info has as much value as the fictitious car in question. Report to proper authorities, unless it's in Canada in which case they don't care much about things like this.

The obvious question: Why would a thief pass up the chance to sell his ghost car multiple times? What a rookie.

Got some info about other buyer and trying to contact him now. It concerns a car which has been sold in US in April this year for 180.000$ and is being offered in EU for 28000€ That is a bit strange IMHO.
    Seller is asking for deposit.

Don't know where to report is elsewhere at the moment before i find more info.
    Vin is 301100
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

That car is most certainly not in the EU, I sold it. John, the new owner is active on the forum.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some off the many pic's i got in this morning because i was interested in this car.
    Got hold after some searching of the other buyer who according to the seller was paying a deposit.
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

Hi joost,

If you think you can buy a3011xx in this condition for E 28000 you are two years behind the market.

Lee

Hi Lee, it are the one's that search and find these cars in strange places that make the best buy or earn a lot of money by reselling these cars on fora like this one.

Few years back this was the way i found a 64 911. So you can't blame me for trying
    1988 3.2 Carrera
    @joost_hermes

S Registry # 2292

My car and that car are 11 numbers apart.

John
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 53 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 13 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741