Thread: FS: '73T Coupe w/sunroof

# 2991

FS: '73T Coupe w/sunroof

SOLD

I may be moving soon, so it's time to downsize my collection.
    I have a couple of '73 coupes and a '73.5 parts car targa, I will post ads for each car.

'73t sunroof coupe with MFI and 5spd, 11/72 production.
    This is a non-numbers matching car, was converted from a sporto to 915 gear box sometime in it's life.
    Original colour Silver (936), with red leather interior.

I've owned this for a couple of years, when purchased it did not run and was very difficult to roll. I installed a used CDI box and generator to get it running, and overhauled the front calipers so now it rolls. Last year I replaced the batteries with new ones from Porsche, only other mechanical work I've done is regular oil changes and minor maintenance. Cosmetically I removed the fiberglass rear wing and put a stock deck lid on fom my parts car. I also installed rear lap belts from a 944 so my wife would let our girls go in the car.

I did not receive any documents to provide provenance nor do I have a COA, however the previous owner owned it for ~15 years. In his ownership he replaced the carpet and installed a dash cap ~5years ago and SSI heat exchangers were installed ~8years ago. Other than that I'm told it's in the same condition he purchased it.

I don't know when the sporto trans and original driving lights were removed but it was before the previous owners possession.

The vehicle was repainted (still in original silver) about 20 years ago. Close inspection of the car reveals the rear left was damaged above the tail light and the rear centre panel has been replaced, I suspect this was done since the full repaint however the previous owner made no mention of it and he seemed to be unaware of it when questioned.

Here is the info:

VIN: 9113100960
    Engine type/#: 911/61 6139105
    Trans type/#: illegible
    Colour: 936

edit: forgot to add mileage, it reads 34545 as of this evening when we arrived home from supper, I assume it has gone around once so most likely 134545 miles.

Highlights/options:

Red leather sport seats
    "S" trim and gauges
    Matching set of 5 Fuchs dated 11/72
    Sunroof

Other details good and bad:

Wiring, switch and mounts for TTG lights are still in the vehicle (original horn grills and lights are missing, included are a set of 914 lights that I was planning on having chromed).
    Has 930 chain tensioners with stop collars.
    Has VPC A/C system installed, compressor and several hoses are misssing.
    Rust near from bumper mount in front of right battery box.
    Tool kit is present, but not complete.
    Seat are starting to show their age.
    Tires are 20 years old.

Not trying to be greedy, but looking at current prices I'm asking $32000. I will negotiate with serious buyers.
    Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I've never sold a car outside of Alberta or BC, but I'm sure details can be worked out if needed.

I'm posting this fom my iPad so I don't have good pictures at the moment, I will take some soon and post from a PC.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by jrbennett; 07-03-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Hi,

I've sent you a pm. I take it if you can send me a few additional pics and everything checks out fine. I'd like to see the interior etc. to check whether it's in decent condition as well. Also, please mail me a few pics of the trunk and the area with the rust.

Thank you.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by mike66; 06-30-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    Mike, member #841

# 2991
    Found some pictures on the home PC, will take some interior shots later.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/v...20-70477/parm/

Thank you for the pics Jon. Everything is as described and we have a deal.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

looks to have front fender cooler and maybe LSD I can see a /12...???
    at any rate a nice find for sure, Congrats
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

# 2991
    Deposit taken

edit:
    Payment received in full
    Last edited by jrbennett; 07-03-2014 at 08:24 PM.