Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1967 swt Versuch

Congrats Brett, the car was special enough...

Erik

Hi

I wanted to post the price but was not going to, I feel that was the purchasers prerogative, but Mecum puts it on its website. So here is the rundown, yes the bidding stalled at 70,000.00 and my dad was not going to go that low, we had the reserve set at 100,000. Mecum has the bid continues program the cars sit on the lawn through the rest of the auction and people have the opportunity to bid. This car never made it out of the tent before I was approached, we walked outside for a few minutes and the car was sold, the 90,000 does not include the buyers %.
    After this auction and the ugly duck sitting in the middle of all of the beautifully restored cars of all makes and models, The general collector car population now believes that all of us Porsche lovers are absolutely nuts. It was a fun filled three days, The two days prior to the auction I got to talk to a lot of very nice people and had an Incredible amount of interest in the car. There was a whole bunch of entertaining remarks about the rust and some interesting comments after I eluded to the fact that the reserve was fairly high and this probably was not the car if you were looking for a deal. The most entertaining moment was as they towed my son off the stage and out of the tent and people were telling him that we were fu..en crazy for not taking 70,000 for the car. The games continued again today we went over to make sure that there was a sold sticker on the car and hopefully run into the purchasers restorer who was going to go by sometime today to look at the car, I was hoping to meet him. There was a crowd around the car all day, someone pulled the sold sticker up so you could see were the bidding stopped. It was fun to stand back and listen to the peanut gallery and the disbelief, then see the look on there face when told it sold for substantially more.
    The car was special enough... we did ok but my gut tells me it is much more special and it sounds like we are going to be able to find out, the car is going home and will be restored by Mr Alois Ruf who is neighbors with Mr Neerpasch so the story will be completed and if my gut is right it should be interesting. The purchaser has said that he would keep me Informed and send me a few pictures as they progress. The car will be In good hands and it will get the restoration it deserves.
    Thank you to the members of this board who were so helpful
    Thanks Bret
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with the world is the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt" Bertram Russel

The car will be in good hands indeed! It will be beautiful when done. Ruf is the best. The color combo got the green light from Ruf in my opinion. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Congratulations. I would love to see the car after its done. Very cool project.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Did anyone learn more about this special targa 500100 from Mr. Neerpasch?