Thread: Seat belts

Seat belts

Name:  lap belt with sister hooks.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  Snap hook.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  74.2 KB

MY Good Friend is Getting ready to Reproduce the early Seat belts. The question he has is do you want the SISTER Hooks OR the Spring Latch Type it appears that both were available.

PLease let me know what you would like to See Produced.

The first picture is the sister hooks

the second is the snap latch
    Last edited by CDOUGLEHMAN; 07-02-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Pictures attached
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

Sister hooks for me

What is a "Sister" hook?

Interested! Any pictures of sister vs spring latch?
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

I'm guessing this is what you mean by a "sister" hook
    This is the only kind of hook I have ever seen on Hickok/ASE seat belts supplied by dealers before 1968.
    Plenty of seat belt manufacturers used spring clip hooks but not ASE (American Safety Equipment)

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Pictures attached more info to come Just Looking for Feedback on styles for now
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

Thanks for the pictures... Pictures are very much improved by the photobomb of your dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    I'm guessing this is what you mean by a "sister" hook
    This is the only kind of hook I have ever seen on Hickok/ASE seat belts supplied by dealers before 1968.
    Plenty of seat belt manufacturers used spring clip hooks but not ASE (American Safety Equipment)

Regards

Jim
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mmeldrum21 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures... Pictures are very much improved by the photobomb of your dog!
    Thanks

As you can clearly see. Bella was hard at work guarding the front door to the shop. You will find her there about 5 hours a day. The rest of the time she is napping just outside the door to my office. She lives a tough life.

Regards

Jim

Name:  shoulder mounts.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  99.5 KBI was wondering if there is any interest in these seat belts I know that you can get lesser quality type from many vendors.
    The retail price would be for around 49.99 for the sister hook type and 75.00 for the spring latch type the options would be
    #1 blank
    #2 Porsche 3d sticker for around 10.00 sold separately and installation will be free.Name:  sticker.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  6.5 KBName:  sticker.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  6.5 KB
    #3 option will be a older style Porsche emblem that went on the front handle of the 356 cars for around 80.00 dollars sold
    separately and installed for free.

The reason for the inquiry on what type of hardware questions is to get an idea of interest and who would like what.

I have attached he'd a picture. Of the sticker it is a true Porsche part number

I was also wondering if anyone wants the shoulder type seat belt the pet system shows it was an option if you have the attached mount on your parcel shelf.My 1966 does not have it.Name:  pet system seat belt.png
Views: 205
Size:  23.5 KB
    I was under the impression that the sister hooks were the correct ones as well however after seeing the pet picture (attached it makes you wonder
    Anyway. Just seeing if this is a viable product. To start making, BTW the quality will be more than good.
    Doug Lehman
    Member # 912R1988-R
    757-689-3421
    Cdouglehman@yahoo.com
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912