Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Stoddard - 1973 911T Coupe - 50k original miles

FS: @Stoddard - 1973 911T Coupe - 50k original miles

No affillation.
    ------------
    Numbers matching 73T recently restored by Stoddard. No price posted on Stoddard website.

VIN: 9113102879
    Engine:
    Trans:
    Mileage: 50,000
    Price: Asking $76,000
    Price Update: $73,500, or best offer (07-11-2014)

Stoddard Description:
    "Per is just about done reworking his 1973.5 911T and is offering it for sale. It has just over 50,000 original miles on it and has been just treated to a major cosmetic exterior and interior restoration. Per is offering the car for sale here in Ohio him at pschroeder@stoddard.com.

The Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche indicates that it is a numbers matching car with some neat options, like anti-roll bars, Koni shocks and the Aluminum S Calipers on the front. The S Appearance Group parts look good against the original hue of Sepia brown with brown leatherette interior.

The body was taken down to bare metal and resprayed to a high standard. We fixed the small, discrete corrosion issues the car had—specifically the gas tank support under the battery boxes, as well as damage from a rodent building a nest on the pedal cluster. The car was reassembled with new seals, new trim and decos as well as a new Sekurit green-tinted windscreen to match the other glass.

The interior was redone with new carpet, dashpad and front seat upholstery. The engine and suspension are as-original. We've cleaned and recommisioned the engine with a largely new fuel system (tank, pump, lines, accumulator) and have it running like a charm. It has good and even compression on all six cylinders and doesn't smoke.

There was a lot of time spent sanding and finishing the door jams, under the hood and under the trunk lid to make the car look spectacular. You can see photos of the restoration process here on this blog, including the painting and interior restoration. Door panels and pockets are original and in great shape. You can see the very clean, original S-calipers peaking out from behind the refinished ATS "cookie cutters" and new tires.

This 911 just needs a driver!
    Per is offering the car for sale here in Ohio and you can contact him at pschroeder@stoddard.com"
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 07-11-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added VIN; added price
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

i assume this is the relevant thread ..
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=stoddard
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

Quote Originally Posted by pgxif View Post
    i assume this is the relevant thread ..
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=stoddard
    . . . and Stoddard did a series of posts on their blog about this restoration project.
    http://www.stoddard.com/blog/cat/vie...ojectCars/?p=1
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Thanks for posting this--I was going to do it today..honest!

I am asking (now $69,995) or best offer for the 911. There's room in that with respect to the car's value to do little stuff like repaint/replate the engine if you want to freshen that to match the interior and exterior (which were oohed and ahhhed over at our Swap Meet. It's a pretty car)

I want to make it VERY clear that the car is owned and restored by me personally. I certainly get the inside track on parts, knowledge and the like, but there was no real Stoddard involvement beyond posting (hopefully) informative/fun blog stuff on our site.

I am a builder, not a keeper, so I'm on the lookout for another 911 to have fun with.

Per
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 08-06-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    Per Schroeder

I love Sepia. There, I said it.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Hello Per,

Sorry I have to ask. How long have you owned the car for? I read these ads with cars having unusually low miles and have to wonder if the odometer has simply turned over (maybe more than once) as they only go up to 100k miles. Not saying this is the case with your car. Just curious.

Chris

Fair enough,
    I have owned the car for about a year and a half. We had several experts here look the car over and there was no reason to suspect that the mileage was 150 or 250. The title and last registration slip indicated actual mileage (I know, suspect) But, aside from issue with a mouse nest, the car simply presented as a low mileage car that had some issue and it was put away. Engine, suspension and interior condition (anodizing, pedal pads, door panels/arm rests/ etc backed that up.

(I have added the above note to the post on our site.)

All that said, the price is reasonable for any car with a very strong bare-metal paint job, tons of new parts, seals, trim, mechanicals, etc—no matter what the mileage is. Additionally...I'm always open for negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcfaul View Post
    Hello Per,

Sorry I have to ask. How long have you owned the car for? I read these ads with cars having unusually low miles and have to wonder if the odometer has simply turned over (maybe more than once) as they only go up to 100k miles. Not saying this is the case with your car. Just curious.

Chris
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 07-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Per Schroeder

Some new pictures as of this morning. I will be at the Dana Point Concours event (sadly, the car will still be in Ohio) next week. You can call me at (386) 316-9164 to discuss car. In light of the fact that there's a few other very nice 1973.5s on the market, I'm lowering my price to 69,995, or best offer.

911side.jpg911interior.jpg911engine.jpg911lid.jpg911passint.jpg
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 08-06-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    Per Schroeder

911ldoor.jpg911rdoor.jpg911smug.jpg
    Hey, that's where that razor blade went. Yes, I could detail this area better. I decided to leave the dust/crud /mung in there as some of us freaks like that stuff.

911trunk.jpg

original spare.

911tool.jpg

tool kit is missing pliers and screw drivers. otherwise complete.
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 07-11-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    Per Schroeder