Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Seems to be in “for sale” not “general” section as it appears on my screen unless I’m misreading it

11E8568D-8AEB-4D71-A48A-1F52F317B1DC.jpg

I only offered to sell an item in direct reply to a specific comment that someone was looking for something that I had possibly rare might fit the bill. I had no thoughts of selling it until read his comment and remembered I had some tong gathering dust that might help.

I’ve probably sold a couple of items on ESR total so hardly serial polluter of threads globing my wares...having dug out photographed it to see if it helped but was hit with “ delete this post ...this is not a for sale thread” and rapidly it vaporised.

I did not delete post nor afaik was it moved so a waste of my time

Whatever

S

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Seems to be in “for sale section as it appears on my screen 11E8568D-8AEB-4D71-A48A-1F52F317B1DC.jpg

I only offered to sell an item in direct reply to a specific comment that someone was looking for something that I had possibly rare might fit the bill. I had no thoughts of selling it until read his comment

I’ve probably sold a couple of items on ESR total so having dug out photographed it to see if it helped was hit with “ delete this post this is not a for sale thread”

I did not delete post

Whatever

S
    Hi S (?)

Well, I'll just follow the "logic" here. Did your item for sale have anything to do with tools? Al, was asking specifically, about tool placement in the bag, no? Since the post is no longer there, i gather the moderator removed it. You should be happy: you'll have lots more visibility for your specific item on a separate for sale post. Btw, aren't you in the U.K., isn't it 0135 GMT, why are you still up?! Let's get back to tools! Thanks.

-Allen-

My bedtime is being monitored ... moderators being asked by you to delete a post that was simply offering to sell something reactively only because the poster specifically said he was searching for something possibly along the lines if what I had gathering dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    ....Unfortunately, I am also searching for an instruction manual...
    .... capitalising SALES THREAD (Shouting?) when thread seems to be within for sale section according to Chuck comment and as shown in the picture. It’s not like I’m polluting the thread or even ESR with endless for sale offers

2C44967F-148D-46E6-88FD-131476FB40F8.jpg

Way to go to encouraging contributions. And to think I’d just dug out several books and posted pictures from them tonight to help in response to your request for input. Really Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    ...[].I'm not the moderator..but IF you have something for sale, should it not be in a FOR SALE thread, not this tool info. thread? It would be better, no?, with a title FS rather than interred here with tools? Thanks. -Allen-
    If this is the moderator approach consistently applied going forward does this mean that other occasions when someone mentions in passing during some discussion they need x and somone else pipes up reactively saying they have one they’d sell ....both the the posts will now be deleted ...and a wtb and fs is required. Because that is the implication. Nonsense. Such in passing connections on “ I need want/I have one” moments happen regularly throughout forum discussion and is helpful aspect of ESR networking.

I don’t recall other occasions where like you someone has piped up expressly to ask moderator to delete such a happenschance single post that wasn’t a major rabbit hole.

If that’s is now the approach to these happenschance ’want /have’ connections then let’s be be consistent in moderation. But imo would be a nonsence and retrograde step. To be clear: of course posting FS items that are actively being sold needs to be placed correctly in FS but that was not the situation. A ‘by the way I’m looking for” “ oh since you say that I might have one of these I’d sell you for x ” is very different thing. imagine if every time that happened Somone piped up and said foul moderator delete? Hence my irritation that you actively intervened chose to request deletion on a reactive offer. Don’t care about money for Porsche hobby bits if I did I’d sell lots of stuff here like many do. To be clear item I proposed having seen Al comment wasn’t and isn’t for sale generally if not meeting Als expressed need in his I’m searching for comment.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-20-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Thank you everyone! This is so interesting, I have always seen the lug wrench facing the other way and the head poking out of the bag...which logically makes sense. Porsche didn't think so? Sorry if I have caused a little drama on this thread with my question....it's because of you guys I became so pedantic

Oh damn, the toolbag photo disappeared as soon as I posted the above message!

No worries Al. Glad my photo helped. It’s still there when I view it but can repost if disappeared.

More photos. Probably too blurred and poor resolution to help but here are e
    Examples from two different RHD press demonstrators an E and and S (although model shouldn’t make any difference). I assume cars are nearly new and toolkits shown not messed with because press cars were maintained by importer PCGB in their three star equipped workshop in London Road Isleworth so seems unlikely journalists would’ve have troubled the toolkit Other than opening out to take photos.

Maybe something can be made out despite the limitations of picturing print resolution from hard copy of 70 and 71.
    B4412B6B-3F6B-4387-9253-B71F82EDDAFE.jpg
    88F8828E-B9AE-463C-838A-DBDB0616FA8F.jpg

Could be my eyes Or an artefact of image resolution but I only see one screwdriver Handle?Yet two is accepted norm from this era? Maybe a journalist had pocketed one already! Or just tucked under the other? Don’t think by this early stage it was the single reversible but who knows for sure?

My original maintenance record in my 73 has a perforated removable page intended to acknowledge presence of toolkit ( and other things) when delivered to first purchaser. Should’ve been torn out and mailed off to the address being postcard format iirc but tear out is still there in my model year 73 booklet. I know from the salesman who sold it the first buyer ( whom I also know) was a regular serial customer of high end cars from him ( they sold RR, Aston, Ferrari too) and they collected the car together on trade plates from importer and drove it to dealership so maybe signing it seen as unnecessary and a bit crass under circumstances.

Also shot of luggage liner shows woodboard pocket in dark contrast vs what seems much lighter hue felt underside. Also the UK only BSI safety belt aluminium tag on slam - bit I mustn’t stray from subject of tools at all or this post might be deleted For straying.

I previously posted a blurry image of the kit in the RHD RS press demonstrator but the quality probably little use in placement. Here someplace if someone needs it.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-20-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    Thank you everyone! This is so interesting, I have always seen the lug wrench facing the other way and the head poking out of the bag...which logically makes sense. Porsche didn't think so? Sorry if I have caused a little drama on this thread with my question....it's because of you guys I became so pedantic

Oh damn, the toolbag photo disappeared as soon as I posted the above message!
    Al,

It's still there: See Steve's post #288 and my extracted image #290. I wouldn't get too hung up on the tool positions. For example, surely that lug wrench is "pointed" the wrong direction (for photo purposes, so you can see all of it) as it tucks under that flap which is then snapped down so the heavy lug wrench doesn't come out. Thanks.

-Allen-

Before I put sources away I had another go at the photos of the two press demo car toolkits taken in sunshine today not sure if it is any better than previous ones above given limits of iPhone and the paper original but posted here for those who want to look at nearly new kit so less likely ( but not guaranteed) to have been used at that time. What is not in doubt is the photos have provenance from back in the day 71 and 72 so not subject to all the uncertainties of nearly fifty years of unknowns of even cars thought fairly original:

2.4E RHD coupe published late calendar 71 is it my eyes but only one screwdriver in dark hue in black and white image?

C1FA0679-6C61-4222-A6B4-88DDB3C7440B.jpg

RHD 2.4 S published early calendar 72
    9DBFAAF7-D1A8-403D-A518-7F7B60F151EF.jpg

One screwdriver ? Car body in colour image is yellow but what is screwdriver colour seems quite light colour and maybe more an orange shade than red if using body colour as A reference? The original is a printed magazine internal page not a snap that is known to fade in that 60s 70s distinctive way
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-20-2020 at 07:52 AM.

And a blurry photo of the RHD press demonstrator RS a 72 built car that arrived in UK at beginning of calendar 1973
    With the tie string flap Justin bag tool layout is probably visible enough for those wanting to follow it (assuming this bags contents hadn’t been rearranged yet) which seems unlikely on a nearly new Example provided and maintained by UK sole concessionaires. Shot dating from early 1973:
    2EBA8ED1-59E3-4D55-86BA-92E9A303D89C.jpg

For avoidance of doubt the report very specifically lists the contents of the toolkit on this RS. A very early RS iirc 006x vin so based on categorical datapoint in black and white Back when the car was brand new. Supports that these tie string Justin bags and the hard to find red handle reversible toolkits were in use for RS ( and TES presumably ) built and shipped before Christmas 72 ; as was almost certainly the case based on one in my slightly later but still 72 built sister RHD RS too:
    CD6DC114-78A1-479D-B3AE-AC10C908EE24.jpg
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-20-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Allen and Steve for taking the time to answer my questions. Cheers!!!!

More confirmation,

As found in unmolested 1973 911T Targa presently on eBay: tool kit as expected. Thanks.

-Allen-
    PS Note factory relocated washer tank per "Factory AC."
    Attached Images Attached Images