Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Thanks Mike, mine is stamped 19mm on the shaft. Anyone have one for sale?

Got one, thanks

LWB lug wrench has the 19mm stamp on the socket area also. The LWB lug wrench stamp is visible when the socket opening points left when placed on the tool bag. 1973.5 lug wrench has the stamp visible when the socket opening pointing right, it is also shorter than a LWB lug wrench. The one you have is a 1976/77 lug wrench.

folks, what do we make of these wrenches? "Drop Forged W. Germany" machined ends. What year / model? I've seen "Drop Forged Steel" and "Germany", but not this combo..

5.jpg
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    folks, what do we make of these wrenches? "Drop Forged W. Germany" machined ends. What year / model? I've seen "Drop Forged Steel" and "Germany", but not this combo..

5.jpg
    Not Porsche.

Got to figure that the company that supplied the tools to Porsche for the kits was also putting out tools for other markets besides the Automotive market. Likely the same manufacturer but, not the exact forgings we're used to seeing in our kits.
    Last edited by 70SATMan; 10-20-2021 at 07:47 AM.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Looking for Help on my 1968 911L Tool Kit

I posted this in the Technical Forum earlier today, but I was redirected to this crowd for some answers on my 1968 911L tool kit. I want to make sure that my tool kit is complete for my US-delivered 1968 911L with a 2/68 build date. I am pretty sure I have everything except for the tire gauge case and the full fuse box (I could only find one floating in the case). But I am wondering if I am supposed to also have one double end 19mm & 22mm box wrench. My uncle bought this car as the 2nd owner in 1973 and I bought it from him in 1992, so everything I have today is original to car when my uncle bought it in 1973. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything . TIA for the help on this!

88B6C036-5CF9-46C0-A138-C668615E35D4.jpg
    Last edited by 911L Guy; 10-20-2021 at 03:09 AM.
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

You definitely need the 19/22 box wrench. Also you are missing the original Phoenix fan belt.

You can clean the interior of the tool bag, they clean up nicely and will look much better. It does not look like you have fan belt staining inside, which is a big plus.

Your tools are in great condition. You can soak the lug wrench in rust remover, that should help. The tip of the flat Klein may be damaged, I do not see the hub cap remover extension but it may be the picture.

Thanks,
    Cem

Super, thanks Cem. I have now sourced the correct 19mm-22mm box wrench from a fellow forum member and with your help I now have the correct Messko gauge and storage case. And my longer flat blade screwdriver definitely does have the hubcap remover extension at the bottom of the blade. I had positioned the screwdrivers that direction in the photo to show the “KLEIN” lettering imprinted on the handles, but I can confirm that the other side of the blade definitely has the thinner end for hubcap removal.

Thanks for the suggestion on cleaning the bag and tools, this patina is all original dirt and grime from my uncle’s original ownership back to 1973 and I haven’t touched this kit since I bought it from him in ‘92

Quote Originally Posted by ozbeycem View Post
    You definitely need the 19/22 box wrench. Also you are missing the original Phoenix fan belt.

You can clean the interior of the tool bag, they clean up nicely and will look much better. It does not look like you have fan belt staining inside, which is a big plus.

Your tools are in great condition. You can soak the lug wrench in rust remover, that should help. The tip of the flat Klein may be damaged, I do not see the hub cap remover extension but it may be the picture.

Thanks,
    Cem
    Last edited by 911L Guy; 10-24-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

911L Guy,

The pliers are also wrong and the tire pressure gauge is wrong, it probably should have a red plastic Messko in a grey vinyl pouch. Thanks.

-Allen-