Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your pliers post. Your pliers do look similar to the accepted, what I call the "de facto" standard pliers for SWB 911 EXCEPT for the "drop forged steel" on the inside of the handles. Does this mean, those pliers could NOT have been in an original factory tool kit? No, they could have, but I've never seen such. Maybe others have and will chime in, I hope so. A list member, with lots of experience, made some very accurate reproductions (https://www.autoforeignservices.com/) but I believe he no longer offers them. There were two versions: dull finish (SWB) and chromed finish at the top of the pliers. Please see these photos. Pictured here are ORIGINALS, however, the after market ones were, as far as I could tell, perfect, spot on. Like originals, the repros had no lettering. Thanks !
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    Attachment 528026

This is an excellent photo in response to my question Allen but where does the Messko gauge/pouch go in the earlier models? Thanks again!Furthermore, I tried to rotate my lug wrench as per photo and it didn't work. It seems the later tool kits have a longer bag?...I really think the lug wrench does face left and go under the left hand upper flap with the press stud.

Attachment 528091
    Yes correct placement of all the tools but the lug wrench get's flipped the other way and fits under the flap with the snap. Probably not placed right as to not hide the lug wrench for the photo.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Yes correct placement of all the tools but the lug wrench get's flipped the other way and fits under the flap with the snap. Probably not placed right as to not hide the lug wrench for the photo.
    I agree. Thanks.

-Allen-

I wish I didn't know where to start, but I'll start with the tool bag. "Not original, not preserved, not amazing, not even close to ribbed." Plus commingling posts as 911 & 912 tool kits is just not right, so throwing in 1969 is fitting. It just gets worse after that...
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Quote Originally Posted by juche_namja View Post
    I wish I didn't know where to start, but I'll start with the tool bag. "Not original, not preserved, not amazing, not even close to ribbed." Plus commingling posts as 911 & 912 tool kits is just not right, so throwing in 1969 is fitting. It just gets worse after that...
    I just "had" to save this.....(Juche_Namja's laptop "screen grab")
    Last edited by Soterik; 02-05-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Definitely some interesting information there for people who pay attention to the details.

JUche Namja Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 7.32.59 PM (1).jpg

This was a very interesting eBay auction that I just missed. It's a photo archive from Scott Emsley (rowdy205) who was in the Porsche toolkit business for many years. Too bad he didn't himself convert these to a different format and put them out for multiple purchasers. Having an archive of toolkit photo's from ONE person who was heavily involved in them for years would leave little to chance in terms of presentation (imho).

While he and I had a few disagreements on kits, we agreed on 99%, and he was good to talk to at the Lit meet over the years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PORSCH...p2047675.l2557

This sold yesterday. If it was purchased by a member here, if you convert it to disc/thumb drive or a download I'd happily pay for those pics for my own collection, watermark it if you want, no problem for me. I'm sure it would help with my own toolkit/travel kit collection as I continue to archive it for presentation in my new office/museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    This was a very interesting eBay auction that I just missed. It's a photo archive from Scott Emsley (rowdy205) who was in the Porsche toolkit business for many years. Too bad he didn't himself convert these to a different format and put them out for multiple purchasers. Having an archive of toolkit photo's from ONE person who was heavily involved in them for years would leave little to chance in terms of presentation (imho).

While he and I had a few disagreements on kits, we agreed on 99%, and he was good to talk to at the Lit meet over the years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PORSCH...p2047675.l2557

This sold yesterday. If it was purchased by a member here, if you convert it to disc/thumb drive or a download I'd happily pay for those pics for my own collection, watermark it if you want, no problem for me. I'm sure it would help with my own toolkit/travel kit collection as I continue to archive it for presentation in my new office/museum.
    Very interesting Erik! I've known Scott for about 20+ years when I began my interest in Porsche tool kits. In the early days we traded tools. One time about 10 or so years ago, I visited him in Carmel and he had about a dozen 356A kits in green bags he had just purchased in a lot. The collection sold would be interesting, especially for early Pre A kits, which are poorly documented with few, if any, original examples, well covered. In fact, a few years ago Scott sold his Pre A 356 and at about the same time he sold a partially complete early Pre A kit. He said at the time he'd been trying to complete that kit for years. He had given up and at about the same time got out of the tool kit hobby business. I hope whoever bought the diskettes, will share photos of early 1950s kits. Kits after around 1955 are pretty well documented. I doubt we will have any surprises from photos of kits relevant to this list. Thanks.

-Allen-

I literally cannot believe this is still just sitting here...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I literally cannot believe this is still just sitting here...
    It has made a lot of people happy.... as in "roflmao"..... Hopefully it will be here for years...