Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973.5 T in excellent condition

FS: 1973.5 T in excellent condition

I am offering my 1973.5 T for sale after 9 years of ownership and much enjoyment of the car. I have 5 Abarths in various states of restoration, and selling my Porsche will hasten some of the restorations. So I must move forward, albeit reluctantly, with selling this car.

This is a 1973-1/2 911T with a stock 2.4 litre engine, and CIS fuel injection, mileage is 44,317 There is no documentation supporting this car's mileage. Chassis #: 9113103300, engine #: 6135914, paint code: 415-9-2, Sepia Brown, interior: tan 'S' trim, anodized aluminum wheel arch trim. The car retains it's originally fitted "cookie cutter" alloy wheels, including the original spare. The wheels have been re-painted in a "champagne" color, which is darker than the original color. This car is in excellent shape with mostly original parts and one re-paint in the original color. I purchased the car 9 years ago from an Atlanta owner who purchased it from the owner who had the car in Arizona. According to the previous owner, the car was in Arizona until 1993, when it came to Atlanta. This accounts for the amazing rust free condition of the car.
    EXTERIOR
    Cosmetically, the car is very nice, with shiny paint. There are some flaws in the paint, a door ding on the passenger side, just behind the door, and some small chips on the hood and front spoiler. There are some small bubbles on the top edge of the passenger side front bumper that may be rust, or just poor paint adhesion. All exterior trim and rubber is in nice condition. The anodized window trim is extremely clean and shiny. The window glass is factory green tinted, and the glass is original and excellent, except for the windshield, which has been replaced at some point, and is also in nice condition. The headlights show very little road rash and the trim is excellent. The door jambs, trunk and engine jambs were not re-painted and are the original paint. The car's tub is rust free, and the floor pans are in perfect condition, with the original wooden footboards in place. The trunk area is solid, as are the battery boxes. The furthest front pan has been replaced at some point, but it was unlikely due to rust, as there is no evidence of any rust in that area. The trunk area has the original cardboard fuse box protector in place, the charcoal filter canister and washer bottle are in place, as well as the original wood board that inserts in the trunk carpet and supports the toolkit. The hood support strut is weak, and will need to be replacement in the future. The original "cookie cutter" spare and jack are present along with the complete original toolkit.
    INTERIOR
    The interior is original with very few flaws except from normal use. There is one dash crack in the usual place. the original headliner is tight and fits well, with some stains above the doors and the driver and passenger side. The seats a re clean and without tears or abrasions. The door panels and pockets are in excellent condition, as are the rear seats and trim panels. The carpet is original with some fading. I have fitted coco mats to the front and rear floorboards over the original carpet pieces. all the dash gauges, switches, horn, wipers, and lights are working properly. The original Blaupunkt AM radio is in the car. The original owner's manual and extra key are in the glovebox.
    MECHANICAL
    The car runs very well, starts easily, shifts smoothly, has a strong clutch, and runs cool, even in hot weather. The brakes are excellent, and work as they should. There is no smoke on start-up, or when the car is running. It has had the oil fed chain tensioner upgrade, and the air box pop-off valve upgrade. I had lower "turbo" valve covers installed. There are a couple of oil leaks from the engine. Other mechanical items I have done are as follows: New tires, last year. New Optima dry cell battery, last year. New front calipers and soft brake hoses. New rear soft brake hoses. New rear sway bar bushings. New shifter coupler and bushings. New alternator last year. Front wheel bearings checked and re-packed. Transmission oil changed. Two oil and filter changes during my ownership. New fuel pump check valve. New engine lid strut. The car was professionally aligned and corner balanced several years ago. The car tracks straight, and is very smooth, with no vibration in the steering wheel. I have only put a few thousand miles on the car during my ownership, and that included a 600 mile trip to Florida, without any problems. When I purchased the car, we had a cylinder leakdown test performed, which showed 5 cylinders, all from 1 to 3% and the #4 cylinder at 15%. Even though this result was found a that time, the car has always run strongly, with no smoke or other mechanical issues, and all the spark plugs run tan in color.
    SUMMARY
    This car will likely provide the new owner with many miles of pleasurable driving. Porsche 911's, if maintained properly, are very robust, and extremely reliable. That is the reason that early 911's have found are large following of collectors and enthusiastic drivers. The 1973-1/2 T was the first CIS injected Porsche and the only early CIS model. The production numbers are relatively small, and the driving experience is outstanding, with smooth, progressive power delivery, which is ideally suited to spirited road driving. The car is registered in Georgia, and since Georgia does not issue titles to cars of the age, it will sell on my current vehicle registration. documents. There are no liens of any kind on the vehicle. The car can be viewed where it is located south of Barnesville, Georgia. It will be sold, FOB that location. The buyer will be responsible for all transportation and related costs.

PRICE: $68,000
    contact Scott Marshall 404-583-5647 or scott@novusartconsulting.com

SEE A LARGE PHOTO LIBRARY OF THE CAR AT THE FOLLOWING FLICKR ALBUM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/105610...7644775588332/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Marshall
    911 S Registry member#724
    1981 Porsche 911SC
    1993 Porsche 968 Clubsport
    1961 Abarth Record Monza, 1964 Abarth Simca 2000
    1962 Abarth 1000GT, 1964 Abarth 850TC Nurburgring

Scott,
    Beautiful car, GLWS.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

I wanna see the Abarths!

Banned
    I used to work on this car when it lived in AZ.

I can vouch for the exceptional condition it was in at that time.

If it were ANY other color I would buy it.

I happen to love Sepia Brown Very rich color combination and very nice looking car.
    I wish I had an extra stall available so I could include it in the T party.
    Last edited by Perry911; 06-01-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Great Looking car. Only 3 before my 73.5 9113103303. Good luck.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

Thanks for all the positive comments. This car will make someone else really happy. Driving it has been a lot of fun.
    Scott
    Here are a couple of pictures of one of the Abarths, this is called a Monomille, and has a 1000cc pushrod motor, but only weighs about 1,400lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Marshall
    911 S Registry member#724
    1981 Porsche 911SC
    1993 Porsche 968 Clubsport
    1961 Abarth Record Monza, 1964 Abarth Simca 2000
    1962 Abarth 1000GT, 1964 Abarth 850TC Nurburgring

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    If it were ANY other color I would buy it.
    Togo brown?

Sepia Brown. I love it!
    Various Porsche's