Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 from 1965 purchased, help me with restoration please ;)

911 from 1965 purchased, help me with restoration please ;)

hi!

You know my story, I have purchased this one 911

http://www.forzamotorsports.com/1965...ea/default.htm

Where to start? Like you know I am not layman in restoration, but my experience is the 2wheel field.
    Any tips? Where to buy oem or suitable parts for a good $. I know ebay and Stoddard, but any another reliable places?

I am from Poland.

cheers!
    J.

Congrats on the purchase! Very close VIN to mine (302831).
    Good luck restoring it!
    Finding parts is more luck then wisdom
    Scan this board, ebay, and go to shows like Techno Classica in Essen.
    Also be prepared to make a lot of parts, especially bodywork, yourself
    Early 911S registry member #1391
    Built '65, MY66 911 in total restoration

Any recommended shops with spare parts?

torben fork df-classics
    elfer-classics in offenbach
    elferteile seifert in seeheim jugenheim
    this are the main players for used parts you can find on ebay.de

but you better contact them outside ebay....yust came back from a 911 parts shopping tour from them.

lenz-trendprodukte is also a good source for new parts..but you dont find them on ebay as all the others like eckert,mh-teile etc
    but they more or less have the same assortment from the same producers...
    freisinger...is good for original parts but only if you have to much $$$..and dont ask stupid questions..otherwise you will not get an answer...

joma parts in belgium sells the same parts as stoddart..some(the ones produced in europe) even for less money....

and the marketplace here is also very good.

best

franz

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    torben fork df-classics
    elfer-classics in offenbach
    elferteile seifert in seeheim jugenheim
    this are the main players for used parts you can find on ebay.de

but you better contact them outside ebay....yust came back from a 911 parts shopping tour from them.

lenz-trendprodukte is also a good source for new parts..but you dont find them on ebay as all the others like eckert,mh-teile etc
    but they more or less have the same assortment from the same producers...
    freisinger...is good for original parts but only if you have to much $$$..and dont ask stupid questions..otherwise you will not get an answer...

joma parts in belgium sells the same parts as stoddart..some(the ones produced in europe) even for less money....

and the marketplace here is also very good.

best

franz
    +1 to all that great advice and I would add the Porsche parts classified on the Samba www.thesamba.com as well as Mittelmotor in Germany
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

All you need is in poland allready :-)

Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    All you need is in poland allready :-)

Marek
    Haha what do you mean? Co masz na myśli ?

hi!
    I started my restoration. But some problems did show up. Please go to the link
    http://www.forzamotorsports.com/1965...ea/default.htm
    Seats look not very correct, was the leather perforated in this shape in 1965? Also engine cover and fan were red?
    What is also not correct?
    Last edited by terecha; 10-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Well the paint tag in the A post shows a 66 MY paint code.

The car looks similar (identical in most ways) to my May 66 build. Have you any pictures of the engine bay? Red shroud must be a later addition. Red fan certainly is a bit of later 'pimping' - not uncommon to find that and the shroud. The red shroud was only used for the 'S' model and that wasn't introduced until 67 MY. It should be black.

My restoration was from a similar start point. See the DDK (UK) thread

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...p?f=28&t=33207

It was unmolested and has many of the optional extras that your car shows so it should be close to what your car should be. Have you seen the CoA? Because I would have guessed it was a 66MY car … i.e., built after July 1965.

Mick

Hi Mick!

Thx a lot. Coa says it is from 1965, but I suppose engine can be younger. I am going to find correct engine. It is not impossible.
    BTW you live in nice province. I visited your area in 2010

What to do next with my car?