Thread: fitment of replacement angular channel piece at front partition wall for SWB

fitment of replacement angular channel piece at front partition wall for SWB

I need to replace the piece where the wide front rubber between front valance and body is squeezed in. It is the angular piece which is welded on to the front partition wall.
    It seems there is only a 'one size fits all' type for the early cars which has 4 indentations where the original piece has only two. The channel where the rubber is pushed in is straight where the original is rounded. Is there a correct type available for the 67 and older cars?
    Has anyone used this replacement part and how does it fit? I think Stoddard, Sierra Madre, etc. are all selling the same type. The 4 indentations will not match the position of the two on my partition wall.
    Here are a picture of what I got:
    Name:  P911-1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  35.3 KB
    Name:  P911-2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  39.0 KB
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

Michael congratulations on finding another one of the SWB easter eggs. These parts are usually swiss cheese and it is necessary to modify the modern part to fill the gaps. Time consuming but critical to be correct.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks for your reply, now I am curious: What exactly needs to be modified and how. This would save me some headache and a ruined spare part I guess

Even on the driest SoCal cars I found the front strip of the channel piece which sticks inside the seal more or less eaten by moisture.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)